Sponsored

Drone footage of all the damaged Vettes from Kentucky tornados

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That can’t and won’t be done. It has to do with the laws regarding damaged behicles during production. It really sucks there was so much carnage. I feel for the people that had been waiting and there cars were destroyed by mother nature.

insurance company or recycler should buy the lot and break them down for parts. while registering the frame/VIN as damaged and unsaleable.

Last edited:

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
That can’t and won’t be done. It has to do with the laws regarding damaged behicles during production. It really sucks there was so much carnage. I feel for the people that had been waiting and there cars were destroyed by mother nature.
Yep. All going into the crusher. I would think they could salvage some interior or tires.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
It’s really ashame they’ll all be crushed, because there’s lots of great parts there. BFGoodrich back in the day when they built really cool promo vehicles would do the same thing. They would crush them, and those were all fully functional vehicles. Such a waste.

Yep. All going into the crusher. I would think they could salvage some interior or tires.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
can they really not even take wheels/tires etc off? I get frames and stuff stamped but damn. employees could benefit from some new wheels.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
What is the way it should be done, and what goes out the back doors are two vastly different things.
Most of them will get donated to votec schools, auto shop/body dept.'s So the students can learn on the newest tech.
They might get crushed after the schools are done with them. but that might be 5-10 years down the line.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...overall though. They are Chevy's, so no big loss.......................:clap:

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You understand removing the vin, = demolished as the car nor any parts with that vin can ever legally be used on the road again, Vo-tech's get units like this, with no vin, and when done, have to account for all the parts, and most times the local warranty rep. will come by, document the fact that all the parts are there and then have it towed away.
Or in the case of most of the g.m.s at my kids school, they show up, and put big holes in the engine block, and transmission, after running the car /truck on the lift in gear with the gear oil drained from the rear end, till it was cooked.
Then take a 5 lb sledge to every body panel, and then it get towed away to a yard.
Not say'n the vettes will get used this way or not, but they should, be used as teaching aids, then distroyed.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I’m very familiar with what goes on. I had a body shop for almost 20 years and literally did hundreds of builders. All clean title and most with the warranties intact. They will make sure that nothing is useable on those vehicles after there demolished. GM does not want any part of those cars in circulation. Unfortunately lawyers have made it almost impossible for the scenario’s you’ve described to take place any more. It’s also very unfortunate that most schools have removed shop class’s as well. Same situation.

You understand removing the vin, = demolished as the car nor any parts with that vin can ever legally be used on the road again, Vo-tech's get units like this, with no vin, and when done, have to account for all the parts, and most times the local warranty rep. will come by, document the fact that all the parts are there and then have it towed away.
Or in the case of most of the g.m.s at my kids school, they show up, and put big holes in the engine block, and transmission, after running the car /truck on the lift in gear with the gear oil drained from the rear end, till it was cooked.
Then take a 5 lb sledge to every body panel, and then it get towed away to a yard.
Not say'n the vettes will get used this way or not, but they should, be used as teaching aids, then distroyed.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m very familiar with what goes on. I had a body shop for almost 20 years and literally did hundreds of builders. All clean title and most with the warranties intact. They will make sure that nothing is useable on those vehicles after there demolished. GM does not want any part of those cars in circulation. Unfortunately lawyers have made it almost impossible for the scenario’s you’ve described to take place any more. It’s also very unfortunate that most schools have removed shop class’s as well. Same situation.
Kids school just got last year 12 lt1 v8's but they already had a hole in the block when dropped off.
The last car they got was a unit that fell off the car carrier . The vin was removed, but it runs and drives just fine, but the local rep will make it and it's parts useless before it ever leaves the schools grounds.
We got to watch the rep come document the 1989 gta, the rep watched the car on lift, till the rear locked up, then knocked a hole in the engine block, and transmission, then let the kids put dents in the body panels before it was sent away. this was in 2015.
The latest vehicle they have ATM are a c7 vette , a f-150 with 3.7 v6, and a charger So it still happens.
Sponsored