Driving to and from track with Sport cup 2's

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone drive it home from track, and your car sounds like bad bearing after a track day ?

I know it's the tires, but man, it sounded like both front wheels have bad bearings over 60 mph...

I know I heard a bit on supersports before on my previous track pack, but these are a different level.
Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
No. Check your brake pads, if on wear bars they will squeal but I guess you would hear that at low speeds not high speeds.

bought to drive 7hrs to gcm from MI, love that I can fit 4 spare tires and all the tools I need In this car and not have to screw with a trailer

OP
OP
torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
No. Check your brake pads, if on wear bars they will squeal but I guess you would hear that at low speeds not high speeds.

bought to drive 7hrs to gcm from MI, love that I can fit 4 spare tires and all the tools I need In this car and not have to screw with a trailer
I drove my previous track pack 17 hours from South Carolina to Boston... I win :)
Thanks but can't be... they are new, car has 3300 miles on it. First track day ever... Here is how the tires look:
20191014_152245.jpg

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Did anyone drive it home from track, and your car sounds like bad bearing after a track day ?

I know it's the tires, but man, it sounded like both front wheels have bad bearings over 60 mph...

I know I heard a bit on supersports before on my previous track pack, but these are a different level.
Yes they pick up shit on the track and can be incredibly loud. I put my track wheels on and immmmmmeeddddiatly had the car try to tram-line of the road.

Reactions: TDC

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
Mine didn’t sound like a bad bearing like you’re describing but more noticeably like I was driving on a gravel road when I was going slow. Like the two before me said, once the soft tires heat up they pick things up on the track.

after driving around for a couple weeks everything from the melted rubber to the rocks have disappeared. Also check your wheels, the rubber gets into the inter lining and can scrape the brake calipers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Mine didn’t sound like a bad bearing like you’re describing but more noticeably like I was driving on a gravel road when I was going slow. Like the two before me said, once the soft tires heat up they pick things up on the track.

after driving around for a couple weeks everything from the melted rubber to the rocks have disappeared. Also check your wheels, the rubber gets into the inter lining and can scrape the brake calipers.
Yep, I previously had on scratching my left brake caliper and carbon fiber wheel, and now it happened on the right... I even heard it... argh... both wheels are now scratched.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I drove my previous track pack 17 hours from South Carolina to Boston... I win :)
Thanks but can't be... they are new, car has 3300 miles on it. First track day ever... Here is how the tires look:
20191014_152245.jpg
I still see an outside line on those, you must be taking it easy ;) jk

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I know what youre talking about. It doesn't even take a cup 2 to make the noise. It always seems to eventually go away.

I don't know why it does it, it must be the way the tire heats/wears on track.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
The tire and inner wheel barrel pics up lots of rubber and can make a grumbling sound with additional vibration. Typically is gone by 100-200 miles. I wipe down the wheel barrel of all the rubber bits after things have cooled.
Sponsored