Sponsored

Driveshaft Shop Products SUCK!

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
ive broken 2 sets of 2000hp halfshafts in 2 different cars weigjing 4000lb making 950 wheel, ive had about 6-7 driveshafts all bibrate in many different cars....my last 2 driveshafts purchased from them i sent to a local driveline shop to check balance before install both out nearly 2 ounces.....sent a set of halfshafts back for warranty, 7 weeks later got them back, put in the car, withing 50 miles of driving, i smell something a little funny, jack the car up boot is split, grease everywhere, now im supposed to send these shafts back again for more warranty....i refuse and say refund or new set.....get some
mumbo jumbo about warranty policy....tell them i dont want to go down the same well with the same shafts a third time or put another driveshaft on my car......this company DOES NOT stand behind there product....ive paid for shipping ive paid for installs, the money in that alone would go well towards a new pair of halfshafts.....im wondering how many others have had the same shitty experience with Driveshaft Shop and there products....i cant be the only one with this is happening to....
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Dude, do yourself a favor… don’t use any halfshafts other than GForce…. Seriously.

There’s been plenty of threads on here about DSS halfshaft failures and breakages; their failures are not just “Ford” related either, Google them.

When you have time, read this:
http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-...les-fragility-to-rest-with-gforce-engineering

And this (scroll down to the half shaft section - not S550, BUT the Tech is worth the read and applies to the S550 when comparing power):
http://terminator-cobra.com/suspension.htm#Half-Shafts

and here’s the offerings from G-Force for the S550:
https://gforce1320.com/product-category/mustang/

And there’s this recent thread too:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-half-shaft-differences.158587/

—-

As for the driveshaft, there’s a lot of 1-piece driveshafts from multiple vendors. The problem is, I’ve seen complaints from M6G members on this site for nearly every one. It seems to be a hit or miss with the aluminum units and some have totally destroyed the carbon fiber units too….

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
FYI..... Ford Performance is blowing out the 2015-17 Big power Gforce axles until they’re gone for $999/pair.......

06E9A040-1869-4FB8-8A5A-AFED1A3BD080.png

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Same experience here, DSS stuff is cheap junk. I’ve had half shafts wear out after 8 months of use and a driveshaft that vibrated so badly I couldn’t use it.

Eventually threw it away and got a QA1, problem solved.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
ive broken 2 sets of 2000hp halfshafts in 2 different cars weigjing 4000lb making 950 wheel, ive had about 6-7 driveshafts all bibrate in many different cars....my last 2 driveshafts purchased from them i sent to a local driveline shop to check balance before install both out nearly 2 ounces.....sent a set of halfshafts back for warranty, 7 weeks later got them back, put in the car, withing 50 miles of driving, i smell something a little funny, jack the car up boot is split, grease everywhere, now im supposed to send these shafts back again for more warranty....i refuse and say refund or new set.....get some
mumbo jumbo about warranty policy....tell them i dont want to go down the same well with the same shafts a third time or put another driveshaft on my car......this company DOES NOT stand behind there product....ive paid for shipping ive paid for installs, the money in that alone would go well towards a new pair of halfshafts.....im wondering how many others have had the same shitty experience with Driveshaft Shop and there products....i cant be the only one with this is happening to....
Sorry to hear of your problems. I am about to order new drive shaft and half shafts, needless to say they won't get one cent from me. I'm sick of so many of these vultures who troll our car forums to pick up customers. We the customers will put these slime bags out of business. I'm personally sick of them. Good luck fixing your setup.
Sponsored