Sponsored

Driver's window doesn't go all the way up nor down.

Mankind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I have been reading and bouncing around through Forums for some time but have just signed up since I can't seem to get my window to work properly.

My car: 2017 GT Premium with Performance Package. It has cat back exhaust, Roush C.A.I., and has been lowered.

Issue: Recently the battery was disconnected and replaced. During the replacement I also disabled the Subs I had added in the trunk. The wires remain in the trunk and are in a plastic loom and the wires are capped and taped to prevent unwanted contact. Now the Left window goes up and down good, and auto up/down works properly. The problem is that it leaves a small gap when up and it sticks up out of the door when down. I have tried pulling the fuse and disconnecting the battery while the window is moving. Twice I have de-energized the system and let it sit for 30 minutes and then for an hour before re-energizing. The window will NOT reset. I have not tried to pull the door panel off yet and didn't really want to.

It does not move on it's own randomly or any of the other issues I keep finding when I try to google my issue. It does not make noises when it moving and it does not make a "binding" noise when the window reaches the up and down spots.

Fortunately for me it is not open enough for it to rain in the car but on the Interstate there is wind noise at the front of the window.

Someone please tell me they have had this issue and know the fix.

IMG_3246[1].JPG

IMG_3247[1].JPG
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Sounds like the issue when you disconnect the battery with the doors not closed (window indexed down). Was that the case with you? At any rate, sounds like that procedure should solve your problem as well, but I don't remember where I saw it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

OP
OP

Mankind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Doors were closed with windows roughly 50% when battery was replaced, learned the hard way on my Gen 5 Camaro that the windows would be stuck if the door was closed and window up. Likewise on the Driver's door during the procedure attempts my wife would roll it down and I would pull the ground cable. I wanted to make sure the window moved down during the relearn. Passenger side is perfect.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I thought you just close the door and raise the window and hold it at the top for 5 seconds with the button. That should do it.

Or I could be wrong.
Sponsored