Sponsored

Drivers Education (DE) review- GT350R

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Hey folks,
Had a chance to get down to Sonoma Raceway last week with my club CFRA.Net and had a great time. Unfortunately I did not have the car setup with seats/bar/fire/harness yet so and we split our track day with another club so only had the R class (race) and B+ (point by passing except on two specific straights). This was my second time in this car on track. I'm no expert but have plenty of experience in tuned Porsche turbos, GT3, and a Radical RS3. Due to timing I ended up keeping the car in street dressing (NFS wheels with MP4S 305/325) and rear seats.

My first time out with an experience buddy in Sport Mode we both thought the car was a bit soft with quite a lot of traction fighting back. Mid way through I switched to Track mode and was pleasantly surprised by the difference in feel. It really transformed the car and let me steer the car as it was designed! Even with the heavier wheels and new MP4S tires it was very compliant and predictable. The power and brakes were amazing and I could really see how this car with a proper seat/bar/harness/fire would be pretty amazing out of the box. I do have it R aligned so that may have helped- quite an amazing ride.

I had a few outings captured on GoPro and this one was pretty uneventful except the first few mins. But just listen to that Voodoo rip! My best time was 1:56 which is off my other cars, but still plenty of time left in these laps especially if not fighting to keep myself in the seat and a bit of traction. Also amazing how late you could break (I didn't) so again quite a bit of time reduction possible.

You can check it out here:
[ame]

Linear power and brakes of the GT3, rock star looks/sound, and NEW factory warranty even if on track!!
Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Thanks for posting and great video!

Track mode is where I keep mine while on the track. It let's you get a little crazy with a layer of protection if you go too hot into a corner or if you get too aggressive out of a corner.

The Sport Cups also help a lot...covering up for mistakes. Looking forward to next season track time!