Driver window seal

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Vert
Just bought a 2015 V6 convertible a few days ago and I have a weird issue with the driver side window that seems different than anyone else has posted yet. You know when you open the door and the window drops a few millimeters and then close it and it goes back up to seal? Well mine only goes up to seal maybe 1 out of 10 times you close the door. Even worse, when driving down the road, it will randomly seal and unseal intermittently as if you were opening and closing the door. When you are driving and it drops it creates a nasty loud whistling noise from the wind intrusion. I tried the reset procedure where you pull the fuse and hold up and down and it didn't fix anything (during the reset it still won't go all the way up and seal even when the door is closed). I'm not sure if it isn't properly detecting that the door is closed or not, but when the window drops the message that the driver door is open does not pop up in the info display and you would think that would happen if it mistakenly believed I opened the door. Anyone else have this? I'm going to try to take it to the dealership tomorrow morning.
Sponsored

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
Not normal. Definitely take it back to ford.

OP
OP

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Vert
Got in the car this morning and it is working every time now... can't make it fail. I might wait until I'm having the issue and drive it directly to the dealership so I can show them the issue and prove I'm having it, so they don't give me a "no trouble found" and send me on my way...

OP
OP

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Vert
Brought it to the dealership while on a drive because it started acting up again, dealership says it is the driver window motor that needs to be replaced. Will have the part installed tomorrow. I will report back in a few days once I've confirmed that it fixed the issue for anyone looking this up in the future.
Sponsored