Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
  • Banned
Washed the car today, normal procedure, then went to give it a quick vacuum. In the rear, drivers side footwell there was a book (a rough guide to Europe) and I noticed it was sploonging (Scottish for soaking)

The floor and carpet were drenched and very wet, just in the rear footwell. I've noticed that there's been an increase in condensation and ice on the inside of the windscreen the last week or so.

Anyone had any problem in this area? Window/seal, anything untoward?

Obviously, I'll be on the blower Monday morning.

I've washed the car 50/60 times and it's never happened so I'm ruling out the washing routine.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
lack of underseal floor rusted out ? :)

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Back to Ford I think.

I've not actually washed mine yet as it keeps bloody raining all the time so it's not been worth it... but I've spotted a few areas of concern where I think water could possibly get in.

There's been a couple of posts on here where people have had problems of water ingress, but f**k knows where to find them!

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Back to Ford I think.

I've not actually washed mine yet as it keeps bloody raining all the time so it's not been worth it... but I've spotted a few areas of concern where I think water could possibly get in.

There's been a couple of posts on here where people have had problems of water ingress, but f**k knows where to find them!
I did a search, came up with a random post that was not helpful, I've read the same somewhere :shrug:

Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Washed the car today, normal procedure, then went to give it a quick vacuum. In the rear, drivers side footwell there was a book (a rough guide to Europe) and I noticed it was sploonging (Scottish for soaking)

The floor and carpet were drenched and very wet, just in the rear footwell. I've noticed that there's been an increase in condensation and ice on the inside of the windscreen the last week or so.

Anyone had any problem in this area? Window/seal, anything untoward?

Obviously, I'll be on the blower Monday morning.

I've washed the car 50/60 times and it's never happened so I'm ruling out the washing routine.
Yes sir I had that last year, drivers side only, completely soaked front to back. Dried it all out, no overnight rain just condensation and completely soaked again. Dealer took it in, pulled the seats & carpets out to dry them then pressure tested. Broken grommet in the firewall near the pedals and some sealant missing from a panel join. Sorted in a couple of days but most of that was waiting for the carpets to naturally dry out.

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Cheers [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION], I'll give the stealer this steer as a starter for 10! The front is ok though :shrug:

I take it it's all good now?

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Cheers [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION], I'll give the stealer this steer as a starter for 10! The front is ok though :shrug:

I take it it's all good now?
Yeah it's been fine ever since. I do still get the back window misting up on the inside though (just when it's really cold), only thing I can think of is my wet ice scraper thingy is in the boot. Rest of the car is bone dry.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Mine was leaking windscreen. Had it removed and refitted - twice!

Also, someone else had water ingress through the 'triangle plastic trim piece'

If you jetwash at close range, you'll also go straight through the door window seal.

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Monty, I did wash it, but the footwell in the rear is the only wet area, phoning Ford tomorrow and getting it booked in :thumbsup:

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
If it's the rear, it could be the rear screen leaking down and in to the rear footwell. Had this on another car, and was a blocked rain channel. I'm not sure if ours have such a thing, but it's certainly possible if there's no water up front.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
....also, check that the boot is dry. I had a Ford leak through the rear lights, into the boot which then 'wicked' it's way into the foot well.

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After re-checking, the front drivers footwell is wet as well, boot dry. Could be along the lines of [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] fault. Booked in for Wednesday morning.

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car went in yesterday morning, 0900, called today at 1130 for an update, the seats are out and the carpets out being dried. They still don't know where the water is getting in, their phrase 'it was like a fish pond' :lol:

They checked the grommet as stated above, as they've had one other in with this issue, it wasn't that, forgot to mention the windscreen, I'll do that tomorrow if it hasn't been sussed.

Any other suggestions?