Sponsored

Driver door seal/water ingress?

stevesx987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] even the mazda will leak eventually! Loving mine tho, only had the roof down once so far since October and that was the day I picked her up! 20 degrees and sunny!
Sponsored

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Ok, just picked Priscilla up :D

The problem, or so I was told and I've no reason to doubt it, is that on the LHD models, the bonnet release cable goes through the bulkhead on the RHS. This hole is sealed with a hard plastic grommet on RHD models, which has no flex like a rubber one. It probably works loose or lacks the elasticity of a rubber one and leaks.
I'm surprised that they would swap the bonnet release over to the right on LHD cars. There is fuse box on the right of the drivers foot well on RHD cars where any cable would run. The handbook page 148 tells you to find the fuse box in RHS of the passenger footwell. Well on my car its located in the RHS of the drivers footwell ie. right side of the car. Seems to me the fuse box is in same location whether LHD or RHD & if so unlikely the bonnet release is changed over. The fuse cover is a p*g to get off with the accelerator in the way.

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Need to ask an American re this.