Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
A while back my seat started to make a click, then a clunk, now a thud. The seat has ALOT of play. Short video.

another view

It moves way more than I’d like. These don’t look like the bolts that hold the seat to the car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Holy smokes! You’re absolutely right! I rewatched the video and focused there and that looks like fresh broken metal. It has that raw metal shine to it. Holy hell.

F65A7E03-97EC-4C36-9DAC-348516019724.jpeg
Interesting. By looking at the video I could tell that part of the frame should be stationary. Then I noticed the outside of the rail moving and saw what looks to be some metal shavings from it breaking. If nothing is damaged, hopefully you could just have it welded back together

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
What year Mustang is your car? Are you a large or small guy? I’m wondering if putting weight on the edge of the seat when getting in and out may have led to metal fatigue/failure of the outside rail?

OP
OP
Digital_Synapse

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
What year Mustang is your car? Are you a large or small guy? I’m wondering if putting weight on the edge of the seat when getting in and out may have led to metal fatigue/failure of the outside rail?
2015 and it’s my daily. I’m definitely a BIG dude. When I get out I put my elbow near the top when I get out. That would seem to be the absolute most leverage/force applied to pull on that spot. Like pushing on the top of a “L”.