You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Im not scared of the miles. It's just a byproduct of choosing when and where I drive the car. Its not my daily and if I cant drive it to have fun, I dont. So no rain, snow, heavy winds, lol. No driving it to work either. No point just for it to sit there for 8hrs. That is why my weekend cars are low miles. Not because I'm saving them, but instead enjoying them how I want to enjoy them.
This....

If I could find 5 minutes to drive it, I would. I won't drive mine to work to sit in a parking lot, especially since even if I did I would only get 1.5 miles in each direction. I enjoy it as much as I can, and it makes me happy when I do.
Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Took mine for a 400-mile round trip up to VMP in Virginia on Saturday, beautiful day for a drive, great day at the track. Awesome all around car.

dman1624

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Same here. any chance to drive it especially on some back windy roads. Not really a fan of just driving it for work in stop and go traffic and then just cruising 55MPH on the long highway after that in traffic. My company car is for that.

trevorr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 CTFP
Riddle me this

4800 miles but how many miles were at the track (Which is actually what these were built for)?

Vs someone who has 500 miles on it but 400 of it is at the track. So who is using it for its intended purpose?

People have daily drivers, people have fun cars, people have tow vehicles (That rarely get driven besides towing purposes).

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
No offense, OP but I would bet that the folks at Ford would say the car was built to make a profit and to give Ford some marketing exposure and clout.

Granted, I get the track use/drive the snot out of it vs. the garage queen scenario and I hear the shouting but the bottom line is, we all paid a large chunk of silver for the vehicle which means one can do what one pleases. :-)

Have fun and be safe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Took mine out this morning. It was 37 degree’s. Not sure what all the hoopla is about with temp and tires. :rockon:
Today it was in the high 50's and sunny in the afternoon. I have noticed the tires don't like cooler temps much less cold. Definitely not as sticky in the cooler temps.
No offense, OP but I would bet that the folks at Ford would say the car was built to make a profit and to give Ford some marketing exposure and clout.

Granted, I get the track use/drive the snot out of it vs. the garage queen scenario and I hear the shouting but the bottom line is, we all paid a large chunk of silver for the vehicle which means one can do what one pleases. :-)

Have fun and be safe.
I would never dis someone for choosing to drive or not drive their car. I will give them a hard time for missing out on the fun of driving the car as much as possible because the fun factor is high. I drag race mine at the strip, road course mine (spring 2023 will be the first outing for the 2022, the 2020 was a blast on the track), and daily it. They are just so much fun not to drive whenever you can.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Without a doubt these tires dont care for lower temps. Luckily around here even when its cold and the sun is out, the road temps are pretty good. No way I’d drive on these if it was cold and wet.

Completely agree with driving these cars when the opportunity is there!

Today it was in the high 50's and sunny in the afternoon. I have noticed the tires don't like cooler temps much less cold. Definitely not as sticky in the cooler temps.

I would never dis someone for choosing to drive or not drive their car. I will give them a hard time for missing out on the fun of driving the car as much as possible because the fun factor is high. I drag race mine at the strip, road course mine (spring 2023 will be the first outing for the 2022, the 2020 was a blast on the track), and daily it. They are just so much fun not to drive whenever you can.

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Almost 11k mi on mine since late oct 2020. Not a cftp either so not a "collector" car anyway.

Drive it in nyc, hockey bag in trunk, you name it. I just try to be smart and never park outside anywhere (even home) overnite for opportunistic thieves
Sponsored