Dreamscience iMap stage 2 tune

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Has anyone any knowledge regarding Dreamscience's iMap stage 2 tune?

They mention on there web site an increase to 452bhp and 410lb ft torque.

It also mentions they are working on stage 3 & 4.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Stage 2 is remap and JLT CAI, I posted up the dyno graphs a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
MrWolf

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Hi there

That you did. I remember now.

Just wondering if anyone here has had it done and any comments on what they think of it.

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT, black wheels, Airaid Intake.
Hi there

How is the imap? was it you who reviewed it on their website?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is the imap? was it you who reviewed it on their website?
Nope I have not done any review on their website.

Their maps are written by SCT, so its the same map as the SCT 93 map, I tried the SCT map (was free) and it was a vast improvement over stock.

I even posted the dyno before and after, search my car thread to find it but in short the gains were 40lb/ft at 1500-2500rpm and 25BHP peak gain. More importantly throttle response improves vastly and the car has less torque management, so more power when you need it.

I am now on a JDM tune, which by some voodoo magic drives even better, power is similar but the car drives so silky smooth on JDM's tune.

When it comes to tuning Mustang's (V8) I would never go with a UK tuner, no offence to the local UK tuners but they simply do not have the experience on this car and there are so many changes made to the map, cam angles, torque management, spark, fuelling and a lot more. I would only go with companies such as Lund, JDM etc.

Sponsored

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope I have not done any review on their website.

Their maps are written by SCT, so its the same map as the SCT 93 map, I tried the SCT map (was free) and it was a vast improvement over stock.

I even posted the dyno before and after, search my car thread to find it but in short the gains were 40lb/ft at 1500-2500rpm and 25BHP peak gain. More importantly throttle response improves vastly and the car has less torque management, so more power when you need it.

I am now on a JDM tune, which by some voodoo magic drives even better, power is similar but the car drives so silky smooth on JDM's tune.

When it comes to tuning Mustang's (V8) I would never go with a UK tuner, no offence to the local UK tuners but they simply do not have the experience on this car and there are so many changes made to the map, cam angles, torque management, spark, fuelling and a lot more. I would only go with companies such as Lund, JDM etc.
I've ordered the imap handset and your comments echo the review on the site. Interested to see the improvements. The car does seems sluggish so hoping it'll make the improvements I want. JDM tune sounds interesting too. Need to think about an extra $385 for an email!

Thanks for info. :hail::thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've ordered the imap handset and your comments echo the review on the site. Interested to see the improvements. The car does seems sluggish so hoping it'll make the improvements I want. JDM tune sounds interesting too. Need to think about an extra $385 for an email!

Thanks for info. :hail::thumbsup:

Lund is $200 and is a great tuner and very communicative. :)

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
That SCT isn't that well regarded by the americans, fairly scathing thread on FB last week about it. COBB Accessport V3 is a far better device, of course you need a tuner that will use it.

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Don't know why I have been using a sct device since 2006 and as an easy way of transferring tunes it does well. Now if you referring to the canned tunes that come with it far enough. When I got it we in the us raved about it. . As Gibbo says go with Lund or jdm... I used to love Doug at bama tunes proper tuning guy, but he retired and sold his business to am so stay away from bama now

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That SCT isn't that well regarded by the americans, fairly scathing thread on FB last week about it. COBB Accessport V3 is a far better device, of course you need a tuner that will use it.

LOL.

Pretty much all tunes start their life from SCT and the americans use SCT heavily. SCT and ngauge are most popular on 2015, or just use HPtuners with a tuner and do it yourself if you know how.

COBB is for turbo cars ideally, the V8 guys rarely use COBB. Also all the tuners write their tunes in SCT's software or HPtuners pretty much.

JDM, Lund, SCT, Dreamscience, Bama, Revolution Auto, AED who are the best tuners for the 2015 use SCT. :)

Sponsored

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do these remaps removed top speed limiter?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Some do; some don't. IIRC it's just a line of code - same for the rev limiter.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

When you order a map, tell the tuner you want it remove or set at a different limit. Also tell them what RPM limit you want, they can set you anything you wish within reason. :)

Most of the tuners set the RPM limit at 7800rpm, I had mine reduced at 7500rpm, would rather not take the engine above what Ford intended.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
On a related topic, I note that the Ford Power Pack 3 is not now scheduled for release in the US until late October (wasn't it meant to be September originally?). The rest of the world I assume will be waiting until hell freezes over :shrug:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a related topic, I note that the Ford Power Pack 3 is not now scheduled for release in the US until late October (wasn't it meant to be September originally?). The rest of the world I assume will be waiting until hell freezes over :shrug:
No doubt a long time yes if ever, Ford EU/UK seem un-interested in the Mustang and upgrades because it does not carry an RS badge. :(
Sponsored