VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
We're are not talking the 'R' are we?

If we are I agree with you, but I don't think we are.

The non 'R' 350 is not faster than all 'vettes except the Z06(pretty sure the GS will keep up with a GT350R anyway). Even the Z51 should be a drivers race at worst. They have the same tires and the weight savings should negate the extra HP advantage or close anyway.
A z51 is the same price as a 350 and again way more produced. The GS is the most comparable and it stickers higher and I still think there are allot more of them. The GS makes no more power than the z51 it's a handling and aero package.
Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Well, it is an opinion so it cant be 'wrong' by definition. The cost just is not worth it to me, hence the fact I think the cost is too high for the benefit = over priced IMHO of course.

You most certainly can make a GT perform in the same ballpark as a GT350. Would it be worth it over buying a GT350? Heck no.
I'm talking price ballpark. If you price the parts, that you can even swap, you would be over the price of the 350. Keep in mind I'm not trying to be insulting to you, speaking to you as I would if you were a friend standing right here. I know that gets lost on the net.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I think it's fair to also assume some people want the traditional GT 5.0 car. If you roll up to a car meet with a Shelby or an older Cobra, naturally it's an attention getter. Naturally it's a good looking car (usually). Naturally it has the mystique to it. But more often than not those cars are less unique beyond the standard OEM specialization. If you own a 350 you don't really need to do much to be unique on a daily basis. If you own a GT, while not everywhere, it still needs some love to make it one off. You're far more likely to show up to a car meet and have three 350's exactly the same than you are to see three GT's the same.

The GT is the every man's car. The 350 is the beauty queen with magical powers that doesn't get much but maintenance. No one is adding grills, splitters, hoods, spoilers, bumpers, or paint to Shelbys. And for good reason. They're gorgeous. I just like the blank canvas of the GT

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
The GT is the every man's car. The 350 is the beauty queen with magical powers that doesn't get much but maintenance. No one is adding grills, splitters, hoods, spoilers, bumpers, or paint to Shelbys. And for good reason. They're gorgeous. I just like the blank canvas of the GT
That's originally why I went with a Base, to have a blank slate. The PP is a great value though, and the Premium makes the GT really, really nice.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
GT350 and any Vette, except maybe the Z06 is a complete apples v oranges comparison unless you're simply talking cost. The GT350 has a model-specific, exotic architecture, HO engine which the std, Z51 and GS don't have. Closest Vette in practice would be the '90-'95 ZR1 that had the Yamaha/Mercury Marine DOHC engine.....and was nearly 2x the cost of a standard Vette at the time....sound familiar? Everyone has opinions but the C7, to me is not an attractive car and certainly faring no better in the QC department.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Agreed, two different beasts. Bench racing the two is silly, in the hands of mere mortals they are essentially identical. Get the one you think looks/sounds/drives the best, not the one that may or may not look better on paper.

I love mine, I was going to keep my 2012 GT because I loved it as well, but after driving the GT350 the GT sat for a month. Im sure you can mod a GT and get a nice bang for the buck car, but the driving experience is totally different

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Agreed, two different beasts. Bench racing the two is silly, in the hands of mere mortals they are essentially identical. Get the one you think looks/sounds/drives the best, not the one that may or may not look better on paper.

I love mine, I was going to keep my 2012 GT because I loved it as well, but after driving the GT350 the GT sat for a month. Im sure you can mod a GT and get a nice bang for the buck car, but the driving experience is totally different
I just did the Track Attack program yesterday (which by the way is included with the purchase of the car for anyone who doesn't know that.) The driving experience is awesome. Totally different than I have ever experienced.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I wanted one and COULD afford one, but really couldn't justify the cost difference.

I already had a '14 GT Prem. Convertible and had found a buyer and dealership to do a courtesy trade at. That dealership also had a GT350 for $5k ADM or I could special order a '17 GT at invoice price + a nice "special rebate".

So the price breakdown would have been something like this...

2017 GT Premium PP, with Nav & leather Recaros:
$43k sticker - dealer off & rebates = approx. $38,400 - $29,600 trade = $8,800 + TTL.

vs.

2017 GT350
$60k sticker = min. $5k ADM = $65k - $29,600 = $35,400 + TTL

So after taxes, etc. I was looking at:

approx $10k for a loaded '17 GT Premium PP vs almost $40k for a GT350

4x's more made it an easy decision

And at a time I'm building a new house, and spending money on fixing up my current house to get it ready to sell. It really wasn't a good time to buy anything... but I said F' it and got the '17 GT anyway.

The biggest advantage of getting a GT350 is that I would probably spend almost zero upgrading it, as its nearly perfect stock and would retain its value more if left stock. Where with a GT, I'm probably going to spend $2-3k on wheels/tires, $1k on tune & parts, $2k++ on suspension parts, plus money on some appearance stuff. So in the end I'll probably drop $20k on the GT with the extra $10k in mods over time.

Last edited:

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
I should change my answer if I am being honest.

I actually do dream of a GT350(I love it), just a cheaper one. I suppose maybe I am just too practical at this time in my life for things like exclusivity, uniqueness, and 'special'. You've got to pay for special, and when I see the difference in actual price paid vs the 5.0, I gravitate to that value.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I'd have a gt350 + my GT if I didn't have to pay for daycare for 2 kids. I like having a GT though. I can mod it out and not feel guilty.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So how many of you out there dream of having/getting a Shelby GT350?

Don’t get me wrong, I love my GT. It is a fantastic car and love looking at it
but man would I love to have a GT350 sitting in my garage.

The looks, the engine, the handling, that wonderful exhaust note.

Unfortunately just out of reach. Perhaps in a few years I could pick up a decent used one but cannot get a new one.

Just curious, anyone else have the same cravings as me?
Yes it's still like a dream. I got it mid November last year. I'm really glad I have it. Lots of fun to drive.

I would highly recommend you get a used one in a few years. If you like turning corners and love a great V8 sound - the GT350 will continually impress and amuse you.

However - and I can't emphasize this enough - get one with the coolers! I think it is ridiculous that Ford built some of these cars without them. :rant:

FireDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma / 2012 HD Fatboy Lo
I bought a 2011 GT500 new and only kept it for under 2 years. It was a great car, but it was a weekend fun car that I didn't drive enough to justify the payments. Hated leaving it parked anywhere and was always nervous about something happening to it when I was away. Typical garage queen.

So I actually had more fun with my 2006 GT. Drove it everywhere and didn't stress too much leaving it parked somewhere. Maybe if I could bring myself to treat a GT350 like my 06 GT it'd be great, but I doubt it. I'll probably be looking at a 2018 something or other after my truck is paid off, so more time to figure it out.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I' couldn't make up my mind so I got both, 15 CO GT/PP base Recaro's Roush SC'ed 620rwhp and a 16 GT 350 trackpack, the 350 is my favorite though. It's actually a long story but I ended up buying the 350 but couldn't part with my GT lol
IMG_3219.jpg

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
I'd love to have a GT350, headers would be my first mod, get some more of that fpc sound. I could swing it, but I cant justify it.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I'd like to have a few billion dollars, then I could buy a few 350s.
Sponsored