Not open for further replies.

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
Drake Muscle Cars 550R Aluminum Strut Tower Brace for 2015, 2016 and 2017 EcoBoost, GT, GT350 and GT350R Mustangs.

Add some serious strength and style under the hood of your 2015-2015 EcoBoost, GT, GT350 or GT350R Mustang with this 550R Aluminum Strut Tower Brace from Drake Muscle Cars. This brace is specially designed to enhance chassis rigidity by reducing flex during high g-load driving.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]xaYVrl4poCE[/MEDIA]"]

Features and Benefits of the Drake Muscle Cars 550R Aluminum Strut Tower Brace (FR3Z-16A052-BL):
- Made out of 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- Enhances chassis rigidity
- Improves suspension performance
- Reduces flex
- Precision CNC machined
- Stylized accents
- Satin finish
- No drilling or other modifications required
- Simple bolt-on installation

Drake Muscle Cars, a division of Scott Drake, manufactures this Strut Tower Brace from premium 6061-T6 aluminum then CNC machines it for precise fitment before finishing it off with a beautiful satin finish. The brace gives your Mustang a stronger chassis which will improve the performance of its suspension. Installation is simple. Simply bolt the brace on your S550. No drilling or other modifications are necessary.

Please Note: This Strut Tower Brace does NOT fit V6 or RHD (Right-Hand Drive) models.

Scott Drake has become an iconic brand that redefines quality for reproduction and aftermarket Mustang parts and has become the standard for OEM quality Mustang parts that offer the best fit, durability and quality.

Order Drake Muscle Cars' FR3Z-16A052-BL 550R Aluminum Strut Tower Brace for your 2015, 2016 or 2017 EcoBoost, GT, GT350 or GT350R Mustang from CJ Pony Parts today!

Sponsored

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Now that is a badass STB!!!!!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Nice! But I wish someday I could understand why people selling things that (might?) reduce weight compared to stock fail to list the weight or weight savings. Blows my mind.

Also, any pics of the brace with the factory stamped brace that connects the strut towers to the cowl area? Again, not understanding why the chosen pics don't include that since anyone interested in reducing flex would surely have that too. Or maybe EcoBoosts can't have the cowl brace? Anyway, I'm not understanding how you deal with the cowl brace under this one. The factory one just uses the same studs as the cowl brace so it sits flat on top of that. But this one uses the 3 strut studs which would mean you couldn't tighten at least two of the three because there would be a gap the thickness of the cowl brace.

It appears to use the same 3 widely spread studs that are from the strut itself and doe NOT use the 2 studs that the factory brace uses. Is that right? And does removing those 6 nuts for the install have any effect on alignment?

Anyway, please post the weight and I would like to see pics in a GT and with the cowl brace and maybe some closeups showing the positive battery cable running under the brace.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
Nice! But I wish someday I could understand why people selling things that (might?) reduce weight compared to stock fail to list the weight or weight savings. Blows my mind.

Also, any pics of the brace with the factory stamped brace that connects the strut towers to the cowl area? Again, not understanding why the chosen pics don't include that since anyone interested in reducing flex would surely have that too. Or maybe EcoBoosts can't have the cowl brace? Anyway, I'm not understanding how you deal with the cowl brace under this one. The factory one just uses the same studs as the cowl brace so it sits flat on top of that. But this one uses the 3 strut studs which would mean you couldn't tighten at least two of the three because there would be a gap the thickness of the cowl brace.

It appears to use the same 3 widely spread studs that are from the strut itself and doe NOT use the 2 studs that the factory brace uses. Is that right? And does removing those 6 nuts for the install have any effect on alignment?

Anyway, please post the weight and I would like to see pics in a GT and with the cowl brace and maybe some closeups showing the positive battery cable running under the brace.
Both us and the vendor never mentioned anything regarding weight savings. Very rarely do we ever take the time to weigh products and compare them to stock, unless it is a product that is being marketed as a lightweight alternative to a factory component.

The first image of the brace on a GT has the factory stamped cowl brace. And yes, the EcoBoost can have the cowl brace because the Performance Pack models due in fact have one. There is a relief on the backside on this brace that allows for the cowl brace to fit under. If for some reason it didn't fit, we would have mentioned it.

Removing those 6 nuts for the install does not have any effect on alignment, especially when the car is safely under its own weight on the ground.

I'll say something to the crew to see if we can get some more images of this on a GT with the cowl brace.

Status
Not open for further replies.