Drag Race Showdown: 2020 GT500 vs Challenger Hellcat Redeye vs Camaro ZL1!

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
I know a fair amount of people here are cheering for the Camaro's demise in 2023, but just remember what happened to the Mustang when it had no proper competition.
They produced the S197 that led to the resurrection of the Challenger and Camaro models? They introduced the first GT500 since the ā€˜70ā€™s? Ford sold a lot more Mustangs?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
How can you say it loses in the turns? There has been no comparison yet.
It cant beat it on the strip, so its already failed. Because its a 1 hit wonder, and as sales, and quick resales show, that doesn't matter in the "real world"

Yeah, but I love my new ZLE and I admire your new GT500. You have a badass ride man.
Because we are actual auto enthusiasts, and thats what the real enthusiasts do, appreciate all cars, for what they are

Loses in the turns with more grip?

Loses in livability when it has back seats compared to a car that doesnā€™t?

At mid 60s I paid for the ZLE, it was a great purchase for my needs. A track monster that is fun to drive on the street and my family can ride with me. Yah, Iā€™m very happy with it.

Value question for Ford guys. I have a Platinum F-150 for family, hauling and bad weather duty. Would you guys rather have a GT500 CFTP or a GT350R and a loaded Raptor/Platinum/Lariat for roughly the same price? That is what dealers are asking for these things, let that sink in a little.

You realize u cant argue the lack of h2h track #'s in 1 statement, and then use the track performance comparo in another.
Id be willing to bet you are as fast or faster in a base 500, than u ever were in a zle, and in doing so, it does the other things u stated, EVENbetter than the zle

I never pay ADM. I would get the regular GT500 and keep the cost around $80K or less. $120K+ marked up GT500ā€™s are just silly and once the ā€œgotta have it nowā€ people with more money than brains get theirs prices will come back down to earth.
You didnt have to pay an adm if u put $down BEFORE it was shown to be the monster that it is. If u looked at the details, there was no way it wouldn't perform... Now you are competing in an open market, where you are tying to buy the best of the best in high demand, with limited supply

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I was just putting a thought out there that amateur's are putting near CFTP numbers at VIR full, how much more would Pobst do behind the wheel. If you read my whole comment, you would see that I said the 1le could or may beat the CTFP instead of cherry picking.
I read the entire post I quoted you from. On one hand you want to extrapolate ZL1 1LE superiority at track based on various data sources but when someone suggests that the CFTP will outperform it in the same venue, you declare that itā€™s just speculation, as no head-to-head rest of them, by amateurs or professionals, has been conducted.
Because you keep questioning when I say the 1le may beat the CFTP. So that would suggest you believe the CFTP will beat the 1le. Look at all my responses, and I say the 1le might, or may beat the CFTP. The wording after I said that is gt500 wins strip and 1le wins track was more a rhetorical question to Voodoo.
What he is saying, is that amateurs on YouTube are better drivers than pobst..

Because both following statements cant BOTH be true:
1-Amatuers are faster than Pobst
2- Pobst did NOT sandbag gt500s

Because thats the only way to compare them.. i guess u could compare the cftp to gt3rs and zle at whatever track that last video was at.. hows the zle compare to the Porsche?
Hows the ranking happen in that scenario?

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
It cant beat it on the strip, so its already failed. Because its a 1 hit wonder, and as sales, and quick resales show, that doesn't matter in the "real world"
/QUOTE]
That doesnā€™t make any sense at all. The gt500 comes 3 years after the zl1 and you think itā€™s a fail because it canā€™t beat the gt500 at the strip. And if it wins at the track, itā€™s a 1 hit wonder. So if the 1le wins at the track, would not the gt500 be a 1 hit wonder just 3 years late?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
That doesnā€™t make any sense at all. The gt500 comes 3 years after the zl1 and you think itā€™s a fail because it canā€™t beat the gt500 at the strip. And if it wins at the track, itā€™s a 1 hit wonder. So if the 1le wins at the track, would not the gt500 be a 1 hit wonder just 3 years late?
Late for what? Camaro is dead.
I want a car thats fast everwhere, and comfortable on the street. No camaro can be all 3 like a GT500, so it goes where losers go.. in the trash...or used car market

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Blah, blah, blah.

The ZL1 1LE is fucking badass. Kudos to GM for making it available to those looking to push the limits. May it live on as long as possible as the segment is going to need all the help it can get as we near the end of the ICE as the sole means of propulsion in one of these cars.

Keep your enemies close...

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If I was more comfortable in the Camaro I would probably own one.

Before they made the back of them hideous.

The SS handles track duty quite well and completely stock they are really neutral.

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1, 2018 3.5 F-150, 2004 MSM
1 hit wonder,
The ZL1 has been THE triple threat car for three years. Hardly a failure.

Your need to talk trash is pretty telling when it comes to your fragile ego.

Enjoy your mustang.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Enjoy your mustang.
can u name those 3 threats?

id like to see out of my car, carry 4 people, run 10s stock, and handle curves with a decent amount of confidence.. there is no camaro, or any other car under 100k, that does all of that

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I certainly can, as have magazines that reviewed the ZL1 3 years ago.

Sorry that your ego/penis requires a car that can run 10's. I'm happy with my low 11 second car.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I certainly can, as have magazines that reviewed the ZL1 3 years ago.

Sorry that your ego/penis requires a car that can run 10's. I'm happy with my low 11 second car.
wait a sec, your the guy that doesnt think the 60ft matters to the ET arent ya? yea, i thought so.
im not sure how i feel about my penis being on your mind so easily however, is that why i got so many pms from you?

tell me what the "triple" is, to me, that means 3. car is good on a track, thats 1- where else does it beat the mustang at ( besides total #s on used car lots)

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple threat doesn't mean it can't be beaten. It means it's a well rounded car that can do everything well. Which it does.

My bad, I thought you understood what we were talking about. Next time just raise your hand when you need help in class, OK?

I had discussed the low speed traction of the GT500, yes, which was also brought up my multiple regular members here, for example Millhouse. This does appear to be an issue for the GT500 in stock form, which we have been witnessing in a lot of these recent comparisons.

I never said anything about 60 foots not being important, or whatever, but feel free to continue making stuff up.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
wait a sec, your the guy that doesnt think the 60ft matters to the ET arent ya? yea, i thought so.
im not sure how i feel about my penis being on your mind so easily however, is that why i got so many pms from you?

tell me what the "triple" is, to me, that means 3. car is good on a track, thats 1- where else does it beat the mustang at ( besides total #s on used car lots)
Well that got weird:giggle:

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)

Enjoy your mustang.
I love how a ZL1 fanboy posts in the GT500 section of a Mustang forum about Mustang owners having fragile egos. GTFO.

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Well I suppose the GT500 is a quadruple threat.

Can't forget about the crowds... :D

Well that got weird:giggle:
Yeah, the insecurity is pretty weird. I haven't seen a ZL1 owner who didn't think the GT500 was the faster car.

When one has to trash talk the "other side" to make themselves feel better, I just pity that person, honestly.