Drag Race Showdown: 2020 GT500 vs Challenger Hellcat Redeye vs Camaro ZL1!

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
We are one step closer to seeing a good road race test of these cars...

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
I just watched it again. It says the temp is below 40 degrees. The ZLE owners manual says don't run the tires below 40, as it will cause damage.
I drove my GT350R with its Cup2’s many times in temps below 40 degrees, parking outside for hours at a time, and never saw any signs of cracking/damage. Not saying it couldn’t happen, I just never experienced it.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Surprised to see the Camaro perform so well against the Red Eye.
Shocked to see the GT500 beat the Challenger.
A prepped track will change the results.......Red Eyes are easy ten second cars.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Surprised to see the Camaro perform so well against the Red Eye.
Shocked to see the GT500 beat the Challenger.
A prepped track will change the results.......Red Eyes are easy ten second cars.
Only the results between the Camaro and Challenger. The Camaro had the best advantage on the cold track.

The 500 will pick up immensely on a prepped track. The RedEye will be as far back as it was here.

We've. already seen the Mustang is a mid ten car.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
guys, you cant count these results. I dont know why you would take a heads up, same time same place test and use that for conclusive data. The only true test is different cars, on different days,different drivers, in different conditions and the 0-60. thats it. end of story

kcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, Base w/tech, black roof, vinyl stripes
:D

That 3 up race was just for show. They clarified where the times came from if you bothered to read:

"To clear things up: We ran each car separately at our test track (off camera) with the same driver and better weather conditions and got the results you see at the end of the video. "

Too bad they didn't have a C8 there :turkey:

Honestly, the ZLE did better than I thought it would. But NOBODY has been arguing that, stock for stock, it will beat the GT500 in the 1/4. And if they have been, they're off their rockers.
Did you just write that stock for stock the ZLE will beat a 500? Ya...not!

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Chris: I WANT to be one of those people if the dang car will ever show up. <laughing>
Well KB it is nice to own, but at least when you finally get yours you will have put many more miles on it before I hit 29 miles.I tell you that tow hook conversion to plate set up is a real pain in the ass, that thread went dead, and trying to do the research sucks also. Noah sent me the specs. on the bolt size but who the F makes it. Want to give it a shot? It is a left hand Knuckle Thread.
Capture.PNG Tow Hook.PNG

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
The ZL1 1LE has been sold for two years now. Wouldn't Ford be embarrassed if the GT500 was slower?

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
I would like to see two things as a follow up, first: to run the same race without launch control. Then second, do the same but rotating the three drivers.
There seems to be so much concern for the numbers that the driver is almost a non-issue. I want to see the human factor, and see if that one second pause that's mentioned is a help or a hindrance.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Want to give it a shot?
Chris: I feel quite certain that you are more knowledgeable on the subject than I and if you can't figure it out, I am certain I would have no better luck.

And my apology for not considering your weather and inability to enjoy the car. That wasn't particularly thoughtful. My only excuse, feeble as it may be is...when you've lived in the South as long as I have, you kinda forget about northern weather.

I know you have to have a front plate where you live and I just have this feeling that you'll solve it as you strike me as the type who, as Petty would say, "..and I won't back down." :-)

The local constabulary down here don't seem to care all that much and I rarely if ever get on the interstate where I would have to worry about our state troopers. And who knows, by the time the weather is good enough to let her out, some outfit may have come up with the answer and it'll just be a few bucks. Truth is, I'd put a fair amount of money on it (and I won't mention the current temperature outside.) <smile> Hang in there..