Mustang is so superior, no matter the transmission

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I feel like this is basically proof that while the 2022 has 10 less HP and torque, it doesn't actually matter in practice. If I had to guess, Ford made the torque tables and nanny intervention much more forgiving to try and hide the HP loss.

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Literally everything in the video proved why I chose an S550. Affordable, (relative to the competition). The Sound, the design ( I think the mustang looks the best of the cars compared) and the manual transmission. Not only did it win the dig and roll race but you can also take the mustang to the track and perform well should you option the performance pack lv 1 or 2. The challenger is a slug and the 400z has been shown to be awful in it's current configuration. Maybe a Nismo well solve this issue but then we're looking at an even higher price for the Z.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Literally everything in the video proved why I chose an S550. Affordable, (relative to the competition). The Sound, the design ( I think the mustang looks the best of the cars compared) and the manual transmission. Not only did it win the dig and roll race but you can also take the mustang to the track and perform well should you option the performance pack lv 1 or 2. The challenger is a slug and the 400z has been shown to be awful in it's current configuration. Maybe a Nismo well solve this issue but then we're looking at an even higher price for the Z.
For sure, given the pricing strategy around base and sport models, nismo would be knocking at Corvette c8 door. I don't know what kind of moron decided that selling slightly upgraded and redesigned version of 370z at almost double the price is a good idea.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Those drag races would have been much different if they would have used the Challenger 1320 package. That thing takes off like a rocket using launch control. It is very hard to get it to hook on the street, but on a prepped track its pretty quick for a big NA car.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Those drag races would have been much different if they would have used the Challenger 1320 package. That thing takes off like a rocket using launch control. It is very hard to get it to hook on the street, but on a prepped track its pretty quick for a big NA car.
These are all manual cars to have a fair comparison

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
For sure, given the pricing strategy around base and sport models, nismo would be knocking at Corvette c8 door. I don't know what kind of moron decided that selling slightly upgraded and redesigned version of 370z at almost double the price is a good idea.
if they can find enough Fools then it was worth it. Maybe 3000 units/yr is just fine.

OP
OP
Arthonon

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Another Mustang drag race comparison:
Sponsored