Door lock lights

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Hi All, I am not sure if it's my imagination , as I don't get to drive my car much with the current lockdown in this state, but I was wondering if any of you could tell me how bright you lock confirmation lights on the top of your door trims are. I recently noticed mine working but they seem quite dim compared to my memory of when I first got the car. It's really not a big deal and I have no idea of how they could be made brighter if I wanted but I thought I would ask your opinion as my memory may well be wrong. Thanks again.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Hi All, I am not sure if it's my imagination , as I don't get to drive my car much with the current lockdown in this state, but I was wondering if any of you could tell me how bright you lock confirmation lights on the top of your door trims are. I recently noticed mine working but they seem quite dim compared to my memory of when I first got the car. It's really not a big deal and I have no idea of how they could be made brighter if I wanted but I thought I would ask your opinion as my memory may well be wrong. Thanks again.
What no one out there can tell me if their red led locking lights on their doors are quite bright or dim , as mine are hard to see unless it's quite dark.

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Hi GT450
I just checked mine and i don't see any lights on in the,
end of my door locks,not sure if i;m missing a setting that turns them on or off.
Went and re-checked door lights, this time i sat in the car and,
they are fairly bright easy to see.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
What no one out there can tell me if their red led locking lights on their doors are quite bright or dim , as mine are hard to see unless it's quite dark.
Hi Steve. I just checked mine in the dark and I wouldn't say they were over bright but still quite obvious. During daylight I can easily see their red light. I doubt if the brightness could be changed unless it changes with the dash brightness switch.
I hadn't really noticed them until you mentioned it. Recently I had some coding done and along with that I now have automatic door locking at 20klm/hr so see them red when that happens.

OP
OP

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Hi Steve. I just checked mine in the dark and I wouldn't say they were over bright but still quite obvious. During daylight I can easily see their red light. I doubt if the brightness could be changed unless it changes with the dash brightness switch.
I hadn't really noticed them until you mentioned it. Recently I had some coding done and along with that I now have automatic door locking at 20klm/hr so see them red when that happens.
Thank you both, I just remember mine seemed to be quite bright when I first bought the car but they seem dim now, and with tinted windows seem hard to see ( even within the car not very bright). I will check the dimmer switch but I didn't think that would affect them. Again thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
I checked the dimmer switch to no avail, there's probably nothing I can do about it and it probably varies car to car. If ever we get out of lockdown and I can go for a good long drive I will take note of how they function. Cheers

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Recently I had some coding done and along with that I now have automatic door locking at 20klm/hr so see them red when that happens.
Hi Peter was the auto door locking done via Forscan? Hard to believe they don't come with it activated. Is there someone up there who does it? Did you get any other handy things de/activated? Cheers

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hi Peter was the auto door locking done via Forscan? Hard to believe they don't come with it activated. Is there someone up there who does it? Did you get any other handy things de/activated? Cheers
A guy in Brisbane with a company called Custom Car Coding https://www.facebook.com/customcarcodingau/
has used my car as a bit of a guinea pig as he normally only does Ranger coding. I enquired about remote start originally and it has gone from there. The remote start is still in R & D but he is confident that it will happen. The things that I had coded were: removal of door chimes, removal of horn honk when getting out of the running car with the keys in your pocket, adjusted the speedo to the US standard (which is 2klm/h or less incorrect ) from our Euro standard speedo which is up to 6klm/h incorrect, made auto door lock happen at 20klm/h, made line lock operative, made the instrument cluster handbrake on notice say "brake" rather than a symbol, seat belt chimes off, added the instrument cluster setting where remote start is turned on or off (when it is installed), some more gauges but I do not remember what the car came with. The choice now is air/fuel ratio, axle oil temp, cyl head temp, eng oil pressure, inlet air temp, trans oil temp, vacuum and bat. voltage. I think we had most of them already but not sure.
I know he mainly uses HP Tuners program attached to the OBD reader but unsure if he also uses forescan. I imagine forescan probably does most of these.
When the correct remote start is available it will just attach to the OBD port and operate off our existing remote key.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Thanks Peter great to know someone is doing this commercially, and even better if he's using HP Tuners. I suspect most of those features would be popular, albeit some might only available on the 18+. How does he verify speedo accuracy against actual speed, with a GPS or dyno maybe? My 17 doesn't have a remote start button on the key fob, does the 18 have one already?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Thanks Peter great to know someone is doing this commercially, and even better if he's using HP Tuners. I suspect most of those features would be popular, albeit some might only available on the 18+. How does he verify speedo accuracy against actual speed, with a GPS or dyno maybe? My 17 doesn't have a remote start button on the key fob, does the 18 have one already?
The remote start would be something like push open twice and lock once on your normal key. The speedo was checked by hooking up an android phone to the OBD and then displayed on Sync as a screen jammed packed with gauges. I had this reading OBD speed which he said was more accurate than the speedo and another reading GPS speed which he said was the most accurate of all. I took it for a drive with this hooked up and I found that the GPS and OBD speeds were within 0.5 klm/h of each other and my adjusted speedo was never more than 2 klm/h more than this "true" speed. There were some other things that could be changed in HP Tuners program but a licensing fee has to be paid to unlock those features.

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
A guy in Brisbane with a company called Custom Car Coding https://www.facebook.com/customcarcodingau/
has used my car as a bit of a guinea pig as he normally only does Ranger coding. I enquired about remote start originally and it has gone from there. The remote start is still in R & D but he is confident that it will happen. The things that I had coded were: removal of door chimes, removal of horn honk when getting out of the running car with the keys in your pocket, adjusted the speedo to the US standard (which is 2klm/h or less incorrect ) from our Euro standard speedo which is up to 6klm/h incorrect, made auto door lock happen at 20klm/h, made line lock operative, made the instrument cluster handbrake on notice say "brake" rather than a symbol, seat belt chimes off, added the instrument cluster setting where remote start is turned on or off (when it is installed), some more gauges but I do not remember what the car came with. The choice now is air/fuel ratio, axle oil temp, cyl head temp, eng oil pressure, inlet air temp, trans oil temp, vacuum and bat. voltage. I think we had most of them already but not sure.
I know he mainly uses HP Tuners program attached to the OBD reader but unsure if he also uses forescan. I imagine forescan probably does most of these.
When the correct remote start is available it will just attach to the OBD port and operate off our existing remote key.
Eng oil pressure is NOT one of our dashboard options so would be interested to know how they turned it on?

Thanks

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Eng oil pressure is NOT one of our dashboard options so would be interested to know how they turned it on?

Thanks
HaHa hi Avi. As I said I am not really into displaying these gauges but I set them to "show" and guess what.
I have e
PXL_20200922_045315162.jpg
PXL_20200922_045457189.jpg
ngine oil pressure and axle temperature gauges but probably no senders as they don't work. I took the car for a quick spin around the block and neither needle moved even though I knew the pressure would be showing at idle anyhow. Don't know about axle temp. but I assume it would do something in a 4klm drive. I will speak to "my guy" about it when I next see him.

OP
OP

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
HaHa hi Avi. As I said I am not really into displaying these gauges but I set them to "show" and guess what.
I have e
PXL_20200922_045315162.jpg
PXL_20200922_045457189.jpg
ngine oil pressure and axle temperature gauges but probably no senders as they don't work. I took the car for a quick spin around the block and neither needle moved even though I knew the pressure would be showing at idle anyhow. Don't know about axle temp. but I assume it would do something in a 4klm drive. I will speak to "my guy" about it when I next see him.
I wonder if you can get the gear selection in the middle of the tacho , as you can on the Bullitt and some later built 18 mustangs too, but I believe that my come with the rev matching equipped cars with that sensor I am not sure.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I wonder if you can get the gear selection in the middle of the tacho , as you can on the Bullitt and some later built 18 mustangs too, but I believe that my come with the rev matching equipped cars with that sensor I am not sure.
Yeah it is always there. Just that it was in park for that responsible photo.

OP
OP

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Yeah it is always there. Just that it was in park for that responsible photo.
[/QUOTE
Yes but mine and all Bullitts are manual.
Sponsored

Reactions: PKs