Door and Seat Belt Chimes are too loud after changing Forscan settings

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I used FORScan to access the ACM. I changed this setting - 727-01-02-0100 to 727-01-02-0000. Now the door open and seat belt chimes are very loud. Any ideas as to why this happened? Perhaps there is some other variable I can change in 727-01-02 to remedy this? I may post this over on the Forscan forum too.

I don't see any option to change the volume although I think I can disable the chimes althogether. There may be an option to run the sound through the IPC module (?) instead of the speakers.
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Are they coming from the audio system or the instrument cluster?

OP
OP

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I think the audio system. I found one thread where they mentioned that the 720-01-01 setting changed after making some other change but it was vague. I will check the settings tonight and switch to run the sound through IPC and back up beforehand :)

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Two things. First, to quiet the chime in my 2019 car was xx1x to xx0x, not the second digit, like you did. Now, coding of some modules in 2020 Mustangs changed, as an FYI, but not sure if the IPC was one of them or not. Hopefully you saved your original settings before messing with them. At any rate, I'd try what I did above, and see if it works. If you want to disable the engine start chimes on that same ID, it'd be xxxx x2xx. Hope this helps.

OP
OP

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Two things. First, to quiet the chime in my 2019 car was xx1x to xx0x, not the second digit, like you did....
Thanks for the reply. I changed the second digit to disable the EQ not quiet the chimes. The 3rd digit is obviously unchanged. I'm talking 727-01-02 in the ACM. are we talking about the same thing? :)

Now, coding of some modules in 2020 Mustangs changed, as an FYI, but not sure if the IPC was one of them or not. Hopefully you saved your original settings before messing with them.
Yes that could be a possibility I guess in which case my 727-01-02 change would bring unwanted results. I did back up the ACM module as that is where I was making the change.

At any rate, I'd try what I did above, and see if it works. If you want to disable the engine start chimes on that same ID, it'd be xxxx x2xx. Hope this helps.
Per above, can you confirm that this was 727-01-02 in the ACM?

I found some information on chimes although I can't be sure it applies to my car. I will back up and give it a try:

AIPC module

Sound Location for Vehicle Chimes:
720-01-01 xxxx xxxX xxxx

4 (Forwarded to ACM / Vehicle Speakers - Default)
0 (IPC Internal Speaker Only)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The chimes are on IPC 720-01-02, not the ACM; sorry I failed to see you were referring to a different module initially. All changes I mentioned are on that ID. The only change I made to the ACM module was to disable the fake engine noise.

OP
OP

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Ok issue is solved and door open chime is quieter now. Its back to the way it was originally. One thing that is different from the ACM module is that there are 2 IPC modules selections in the menu. One says As Built and the other doesn't. (I think it was the one that didn't say As Built that I ended up having success with.....I wish I knew how to screen print on my laptop) I went into the As Built and there was a list of codes to change as expected. It wouldn't allow me to change and save the 8th digit from 4 to 0 saying there was a checksum error. I went into the non-as built module and I had an actual text list of options. I've not seen this before. I saw a few rows of chime options and selected the one that disabled the speaker chime (don't recall the actual description). I just selected it and pressed Edit Selected Value pressed ok. I then went back to the As Built module and see that in 720-01-01 the 8th character was now 0 but all of the other values had changed too. I'll try and figure out the screen printing and get a few shots.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You always get the 'check sum' error; that's normal. Just click 'ok' and the program recalculates it for you, which are the last 2 digits of each code (they always change when changing something). I always like doing it manually, but if the 'easy' way worked for you, great.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So this is probably unrelated, but it's the only forum that came up in search referencing any of these.
I've cleaned out my car yesterday, vacuumed and wiped dash, seats, etc.
I left the car outside, got to probably low teens in F. The car is usually garaged overnight, 90% of the time.

This morning while resetting my garage door openers, I noticed the chime (for doors open with lights on etc) and the sound for backup sensors is different, kind of the older Ford chime.

My parking sensors no longer do a flat tone when I'm close to something, it's multiple tones in really quick succession.

Have you guys experienced anything like this? When I put it on tender charger it said 60% battery, so I don't know if it changes when battery gets weak?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Replying to my own post - I took off the - battery cable and then reattached and put on a tender. It went up 60 to about 82%.
When I restarted the car, the chime was back to normal and so was the backup sensor sound.

It comes from the speakers now, but the previous "old" sound sounded from the steering wheel column. I wonder if it has anything to do with stereo being off, but I don't think so.

I can make a video of it comparing

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I know this thread is ancient, but I am actually finishing up with coding my 8” infotainment swap in my 2020 GT. The only thing left to fix is my chimes come out of my cluster not my speakers. Does would the codes described in this thread change it back to coming through the speakers? They sound like the older low quality chimes
Sponsored