Sponsored

Dont bother with the all weather mats + ding avoiding parking techniques that work

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
Rings?
Sponsored

docbog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem, 50th AP
I am very happy with WeatherTech custom fit mats, especially with crummy weather here in NW PA. Easy to clean and keep carpet clean.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Granted I think the weather tech are a nice product but for the cost the Ford version works
Weather Techs are sooooooo worth the money

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Weather Techs are sooooooo worth the money
Agreed. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten in the car and there's an actual puddle of water in the mat. That would be in my carpet with most normal mats. Great coverage and they don't interfere or move around.

MrPotato

Envious Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fusion SE 202A in Guard
Can someone post a photo of the 'official' all weather mats?

We got some for our Fusion, and I was disappointed in the driver's side mat. It's very short. For $100, I would have probably had better luck with the Husky or WeatherTech options.

Sponsored

Kman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I like a lot of the parking ideas, I have a similar list, which I developed over 14 Porsches that I owned (and sold) over the years. Here are a couple more.

1. If you have to park next to other cars, it is better that they are 4 door. 4 door cars have shorter doors and are less likely to hit you (in conjunction with the others items listed in your post).
2. If you must park between 2 cars, it is best to park next to 1 which is parked forward and one that is backed in, so that both passenger side doors are towards your car.

I think you covered the rest of my normal ones. End spots with a curb are the best, I can park really close to a curb and allow a lot of room for the next driver.

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)
+5 on the WeatherTech mats, so easy to clean and keeps everything pristine underneath.

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I actually park near the cart storage.
I used to never do this but I now think this is the better approach. People who park near the cart storage are more likely to walk the few feet and put their cart away, meaning there shouldn't be too many stray carts in that part of the parking lot. If you are parked far away from the cart storage, people parked around you aren't going to bother putting their carts back, increasing the risk of stray carts in that part of the lot.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I used to never do this but I now think this is the better approach. People who park near the cart storage are more likely to walk the few feet and put their cart away, meaning there shouldn't be too many stray carts in that part of the parking lot. If you are parked far away from the cart storage, people parked around you aren't going to bother putting their carts back, increasing the risk of stray carts in that part of the lot.
I actually park near the cart storage. That usually keeps one side free of rings and no-one uses the darn things.
I've seen a lot of people simply push and release the carts 10+ feet away from the cart storage - and often missing or knocking some other loose cart around. Just my observation...

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Can someone post a photo of the 'official' all weather mats?

We got some for our Fusion, and I was disappointed in the driver's side mat. It's very short. For $100, I would have probably had better luck with the Husky or WeatherTech options.
I agree. They work great. They're not as bad looking as I thought they'd be.
I like the all weather mats. I need em for work.
Dont work for weather tech or husky liner - but am curious how you all think this is good coverage? I dont even live in the outskirts of the city/farm etc - all of this is city driving between work and home. I guess folks have different standards on what works and doesn't. Perhaps you all clean the car frequently so dont really notice any dirt getting trapped. Eitherway, it seems there are significant gaps in the coverage.
WP_20150429_12_05_48_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Mats.....

Dont bother with the Ford all-weather mats. I bought them with my car and the front ones are useless. Too much gap that fills with dirt so now my carpet is full of leaves etc. Never had that with other mats I've had in prior cars. Just ordered some weather tech ones, not sure how good they are-time will tell.

Random thoughts as it seems a lot of folks are having crappy luck with people running into them/dinging their doors while parking. I feel the pain.

The attributes of a good parking spot that works for me are
>>Wide spot (not compact)
>>Ideally a pillar or wall on my passenger side. Most cars only have a driver.
>>Other spot filled with a nice car
>>If you see a cheap coupe, beat up car or mini-van run. Cheap coupe as they have big doors, beat up car as the driver doesnt care about autos, mini-van as mom will load up kids and scratch up your car (even if door is sliding). Also, mini-vans are super wide. Highlanders, Subaru Outbacks and large family CUV's that are not looking pristine fall in that category as well. If they have a ton of door dings on themselves, that tells you something about the owner.
>>If you have time, make sure no baby seat in the car next to you on the same side as your car. Move elsewhere if there is :-)
>>Ideally, find a parking spot with a wall on the other side so someone coming out of another spot ahead/behind cant back into your car.
>>Avoid high turnaround-parking areas (like grocery shop parking lots). More different people are likely to park next to you in a given period of time. This is not possible if Stang is your only car. If thats the case, and budget permits, avoid Walmart if possible. I cant describe the number of times I've seen people at Walmart push carts into other cars and walk away. :doh:I have yet to see that in Whole Foods (where there are nicer cars) or even Costco! A few acts like that and any savings you had in the store are wiped away. Ok, this one is a little nuts. If possible, go in the low crowd periods.
>>Dont park near shopping cart drop offs.
>> Back in. With the new backup camera, you can easily see the curb which is difficult to do over the long hood.
>> Please dont park in a remote empty spot. It's easier for people to break into your car and remote parts of a parking lot attract unsavory characters. Lastly, some guys may park right next to you to irritate you - as many people here have confirmed.

Its not possible to get all of 'em nailed without feeling like Mr. Bean. But being aware of a few of these may help! Cheers!!:headbonk::cheers:

Watch my car get hit by a mini-van knocking a stray shopping cart tomorrow.
That's what they They are designed to do, is collect the water and crap.... I have had the all weather mats and too other Mustangs and they work fine, I'm sorry you are not HAPPY with them, but they are not CRAP,I have them in my 2015 Mustang...... Thanks John :doh:

Last edited:

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
OMG....

Dont work for weather tech or husky liner - but am curious how you all think this is good coverage? I dont even live in the outskirts of the city/farm etc - all of this is city driving between work and home. I guess folks have different standards on what works and doesn't. Perhaps you all clean the car frequently so dont really notice any dirt getting trapped. Eitherway, it seems there are significant gaps in the coverage.
Looks like you have not cleaned the car for ever..... :shrug:

I have had my Mustang For six months and it looks like I just got it today it was delivered... Sorry.....John

Really I mean no offense to you, or about your car.....

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
That's what they They are designed to do, is collect the water and crap.... I have had the all weather mats and too other Mustangs and they work fine, I'm sorry you are not HAPPY with them, but they are not CRAP,I have them in my 2015 Mustang...... Thanks John :doh:
Looks like you have not cleaned the car for ever..... :shrug:

I have had my Mustang For six months and it looks like I just got it today it was delivered... Sorry.....John

Really I mean no offense to you, or about your car.....
No offence taken. "That's what they They are designed to do, is collect the water and crap..." Based on the photo I've shown, a lot of 'crap' has fallen between the mat and the door/pedals, basically, on the carpet. A good mat is not supposed to do that and its not related to how often you clean your car (within reason).

I'm going to give the topic a rest as I dont want to wade into a controversy on mats!!