Sponsored

Don’t see any A/C condensate dripping below car but hear a small noise of water flowing is this normal?

Mach3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’ve read a lot about the A/C problems and so far I haven’t had issues on my 2016 GT but I’ve noticed lately when I turn the car off there is a small sound that is noticeable underneath the front of the car that sounds like water flowing around. I’ve also noticed there is no noticeable A/C condensate dripping from the front of the car unlike most cars even after having A/C on for a while. I may be paranoid about AC failure but I’m just hoping there isn’t some kind of build up of water inside the car. Any thoughts on if this is normal?

edit: should also add that I just got a cat back exhaust a month ago (Borla) which I don’t think is related to the issue but just paranoid that it may play a role since I’ve only recently noticed this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You should defiantly see water dripping on the ground. There might be a block somewhere along the line.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
You will see less water dripping if you run the A/C on recycle air. With normal A/C on, yes you should see water especially the hotter and humid it is.

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You should defiantly see water dripping on the ground. There might be a block somewhere along the line.
I agree, I would check the HVAC drain tube under the car. If it’s not kinked or incorrectly routed, use some compressed air to remove the blockage.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
F150s had that issue, where the water was getting back into the cabin, due to a porous seal. And the reason is rather than having a sloping drain tube, where water would never drip back, it's at 90-deg, where it flows back to the firewall, and the new absorbent seal soaked all the condensation, dropping it inside the cabin. Definitely check under your mats and carpet, to make sure it's not wet under there. And check the A/C drain line, but I don't know exactly where it is on this car, but it should be on the passenger side (where the HVAC/filter box is). Good luck.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
F150s had that issue, where the water was getting back into the cabin, due to a porous seal. And the reason is rather than having a sloping drain tube, where water would never drip back, it's at 90-deg, where it flows back to the firewall, and the new absorbent seal soaked all the condensation, dropping it inside the cabin. Definitely check under your mats and carpet, to make sure it's not wet under there. And check the A/C drain line, but I don't know exactly where it is on this car, but it should be on the passenger side (where the HVAC/filter box is). Good luck.
Funny how I was just going to post my expeirence about this exact issue and you posted about it. lol

My wife noticed a smell the other day in our F150. Sure enough mold and rug was soaked. Dealer said this is a known issue. I wonder how some of these designers come up with what they come up with let alone get it approved. They recalled the bad backup cameras, but not this yet.
Sponsored