Sponsored

Does your State still have an active 1/4 mile strip?

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
And they wonder why street racing has become a big problem in places like SoCal.

What happened to Pomona, where they held the NHRA winternationals?
And the only time Pomona is open is for the Winternationals. No amateur or Summit Sprint racing there. As you said: this results in more street racing.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Years ago, I went to GLD at least once a month. There was always something going on there. Sometimes I raced, sometimes I watched. They are still around and still plenty going on. Just not the national events they used to have.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Sonoma Raceway. They have a road course, strip and a large paddock for auto-x and drift.

All 4 activities are still being done on a weekly basis.

Sponsored

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That sucks that e-town shut down. I had a lot of good times there in my younger years.

Still plenty of strips in the Carolinas, but I havnt been to a strip in prob 10+years

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
If you want to keep your track open, get out to it and race. at cars and coffee's, plan on a friendly event for a group to go to the track. they get shuttered, because of lack of people being involved, other than a few times a year at the bigger events. Land is worth too much now, That track owners have to not only deal with all the hate from the noise and the other issues that come with owning a track. Low car counts don't help matters So the owners pack it in. and sell.
And for gods sake, it isn't the 70's put real mufflers on your junk and make life easier for the track to stay open. Instead of being entitled jackwagons and running "race bulets" or open pipes. Ever here the phase "Out of sight, out of mind". People would not complain about the track to their local leaders IF the thought of the track wasn't a LOUD reminder every week end and test and tune night.
Suck it up and take the loss of a few tenths from running real mufflers and save your local track.

Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Plenty down here….come on down! :like:

5318CA61-BFD6-4EDC-91C6-1397A4DAB931.jpeg
Looking forward to running Rockingham in 2022! NMRA has replaced Atlanta with Rockingham, should be there early April!!

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Texas does. http://www.xtraactionsports.com/dragstrips/texas-dragstrips.htm

Can't really tell for sure which ones allow Joe Blow off the street to come run.
The best 1/4 mile track in Texas (Houston Raceway Park in Baytown) is closing in April 2022 after the NHRA Spring Nats.

The 1/4 mile tracks in Ennis and San Antonio have open track nights/days but they are 4 and 3+ hours away each way respectively from Houston where I live. Most other tracks are 1/8 mile which I'm not all that interested in.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Bristol, Tennessee and Beech Bend, Kentucky are both 1/4 mile drag strips, and open for racing

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500
Also Kentucky Dragway, Clay City, Ky.
Sponsored