Sponsored

Does your State still have an active 1/4 mile strip?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
If you're gonna come as far north to go dragway 42, then you can try Summit motorsports park in Norwalk.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
WHP in Chandler (Phoenix South) may shut down. The GRIC decided they wanted to sell it and develop it. If that happens Tucson will be the closest option. 1.5hr drive.
How's the track prep in Tucson? Never raced down there but if its anything like Tucson streets...smh. But may not have a choice soon...

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
How's the track prep in Tucson? Never raced down there but if its anything like Tucson streets...smh. But may not have a choice soon...
Havenā€™t been there yet. Heading to WHP on Friday though.

Iā€™ll race there until I canā€™t race Nomo. Then I have to figure something else out.

93coupe/stroked

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost base auto metalic
Yes! State Capital Race Track and No Problem Race Track
Both 75 miles from me one way!

Sponsored

ripvanbl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Vehicle Showcase
There are two in the Central Texas area that I frequent. Alamo City Motorplex in San Antonio and Little River Dragway up near Temple, TX (just north of Austin). Both are about 1/1.5 hours away from Austin depending on traffic.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Interestingly, in Hawaii, only the smaller outer islands have 1/4 mile drag strips. The Big Island raceway is IHRA sanctioned while the Kauai and Maui raceways are both NHRA sanctioned tracks. All these outer islands have much less than 200,000 population while the Honolulu County comprised of the island of Oahu which has nearly a million people, has NO RACEWAY. It was shut down by the City & County of Honolulu many years ago leaving the car enthusiasts with nowhere to race except on the freeways perhaps. It was a foolish thing for the County to do but it's not surprising considering that all the outer island county gun ranges are very open while the Honolulu county range is very restrictive.

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Milan Drag Way shut down........ Lost it to the local Pawn shop apparently. Seems to be a growing pattern across the US? Unfortunate as Detroit area has a huge presence in motorsports and I fear this will push a lot of the grudge race cars to side street and x ways.

Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Brainerd International is the main big one. Otherwise, there's Grove Creek which is an 1/8 mile. Close enough though is Rock Falls (1/4 mile) in Eau Claire, WI. It's an easy shot to any of them šŸ‘

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
3 left in IL, closest is 90 miles for me. One in Wisconsin (GLD) is closer, but I prefer Byron Dragway.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
In all of Southern California we have 1 Quarter mile drag strip Fontana Dragway which has been closed since March 2020 and has no plans to reopen. So then we have two 1/8 mi strips Irwindale and Barona. And that's it. Sucks.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
In all of Southern California we have 1 Quarter mile drag strip Fontana Dragway which has been closed since March 2020 and has no plans to reopen. So then we have two 1/8 mi strips Irwindale and Barona. And that's it. Sucks.
And they wonder why street racing has become a big problem in places like SoCal.

What happened to Pomona, where they held the NHRA winternationals?

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
And they wonder why street racing has become a big problem in places like SoCal.

What happened to Pomona, where they held the NHRA winternationals?
Pomona is still there but it is not open to the public. Only Pro racing.
Sponsored