Sponsored

Does your State still have an active 1/4 mile strip?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
WHP in Chandler (Phoenix South) may shut down. The GRIC decided they wanted to sell it and develop it. If that happens Tucson will be the closest option. 1.5hr drive.
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Just in northern Ohio we have 3, there is dragway 42, thompson motor speedway, and of course Summit motorsports park. Which is the nearest NHRA certified track

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
Where I am now there are mostly 1/8 mile tracks. When I was living in Florida I had Bradenton and immokalee close by me. Solteka: I used to hear that Orlando speedway was also know as Orlando spin world due to the lack or prep

The track switched owners a few years back and track prep has been superb since, come visit the track sometime and race there on a Wednesday or Friday night. Get to the track early though because it gets busy quick most of the time.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
WHP in Chandler (Phoenix South) may shut down. The GRIC decided they wanted to sell it and develop it. If that happens Tucson will be the closest option. 1.5hr drive.
Is that what used to be Firebird International Raceway? Is that track still around northwest of the city out past sun city? I believe it was off of 93.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Is that what used to be Firebird International Raceway? Is that track still around northwest of the city out past sun city? I believe it was off of 93.
Yes. It was firebird.

The track you are talking about was Speedworld Motorplex. Alas, no... It shuttered in 2005 or so. First Drag Strip I ever raced at... Loved that place.

Sponsored

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500
I'm 15 minutes from Bristol Dragway, Tn. Although they don't race every weekend.

Kentucky Dragway in Clay City Ky still open. I raced there for about 25 years.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I'm 15 minutes from Bristol Dragway, Tn. Although they don't race every weekend.

Kentucky Dragway in Clay City Ky still open. I raced there for about 25 years.
Hello; Yes to Bristol. I have been there in the past. There is a small strip north of Knoxville TN on Hwy 33, not far from Maynardville TN. I am not sure it is still open. I do not recall the name just now. Been a long time since I went to it. I do sometimes see cars on trailers heading that way, but cannot say just how long ago such was.

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Charlotte and Rockingham Dragways both 1/4 mile

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500
Hello; Yes to Bristol. I have been there in the past. There is a small strip north of Knoxville TN on Hwy 33, not far from Maynardville TN. I am not sure it is still open. I do not recall the name just now. Been a long time since I went to it. I do sometimes see cars on trailers heading that way, but cannot say just how long ago such was.
I don't know the name of it neither, haven't been to it.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it's still open. I was there not too long ago. It's a a tiny lil 1/8 mile track.
Also crossville is an 1/8 mile track that runs most every weekend.

Sponsored

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
There are 3 active 1/4 mile dragstrips in Kansas - Wichita (KID), Great Bend (SCRA) and Topeka (Heartland Park). Apparently they're not going to run any more at the Manhattan 1/8 mile. I've run at all 3 tracks at various times. Great Bend is a really nice track, but is the slowest due to the elevation (it's NHRA altitude adjusted). Heartland Park is really nice and a little faster. Wichita is a little scary if you have a fast car, but they still run some fast stuff there.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just in northern Ohio we have 3, there is dragway 42, thompson motor speedway, and of course Summit motorsports park. Which is the nearest NHRA certified track
We have Kilkare dayton area

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Here in Colorado we have:
Bandimere Speedway
Pueblo Motorsports Park
Julesburg Dragstrip

Bandimere may be no more. After tussling with the health department by violating regulations during covid several times, the family is on the ropes. Old man Bandimere is a love him or hate him personality anyway. I have personal history with the family so I couldn't care less if he goes under.
Pueblo and Julesburg are much more homely venues often with questionable prep, but they're fun.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Where I am now there are mostly 1/8 mile tracks. When I was living in Florida I had Bradenton and immokalee close by me. Solteka: I used to hear that Orlando speedway was also know as Orlando spin world due to the lack or prep
As mentioned, that is no longer the case. We had a rental out there 2 weeks ago with a bunch of Hellcats hanging wheels and cutting 1.3/1.2 60’ times. Prep is some of the best out there.
In my home state of Florida there are three 1/4 mile drag strips:

1) Orlando Speedworld Dragway

2) Bradenton Motorsports Park

3) Palm Beach international raceway

Track #1 is my favorite because it is closest to me and it has the best track prep out of all of them consistently.
You kinda forgot Gainesville, you know, home of the NHRA season opening Gator Nationals 😎

I do miss PBIRs concrete wonder. Happy with OSW as my new home though.

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
Man, I'm in drag strip heaven here in SW Ohio. I've got Edgewater (Cleves OH) Kil-kare (Xenia, OH) Dragway 42 (West Salem, OH) National Trail (Hebron, OH) Thorne Hill (Northern KY) Clay City (Kentucky) Lucas Dragway (Indy, IN). The first 3 are within 1 hour of me. The rest are no more than 2 hours
Sponsored