Sponsored

Does this slave cylinder look broken? Pic included

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I received the attached brand new for my upcoming clutch job and it seems to be off-centered and possibly damaged in shipping. Can someone confirm if this seems off?
89664B16-A2CE-41F8-840D-7B5A70B90865.jpeg
Sponsored

Djervin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's hard to see but the one in the pic below is new. Obviously the issue I had was with the line being bent. I ended up with 4 slave cylinders when I did my clutch and I think 3 of them were off center and only 1 was centered. The one I got from McLeod was junk, we ended up breaking the stock one, the one from AM had the bent line and I broke down and went to Ford and bought one, that was the winner.

IMG_20210328_173332.jpg

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
It's hard to see but the one in the pic below is new. Obviously the issue I had was with the line being bent. I ended up with 4 slave cylinders when I did my clutch and I think 3 of them were off center and only 1 was centered. The one I got from McLeod was junk, we ended up breaking the stock one, the one from AM had the bent line and I broke down and went to Ford and bought one, that was the winner.

IMG_20210328_173332.jpg
Haha that lmr one is definitely off center so maybe it’s not a big deal. Seems dumb to me.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a reason for changing it, just curious. Disk wears, this if not leaking may best left alone ?

If ain't broke don't fix it?

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
I've been through this too. My new McLeod slave cylinder came with the wrong shaped line, loose dust boot, and the off center issue you have. I attached the boot properly and reused my original line. You can center the bearing by clicking it over just a bit. I wish I would have just reused my original Ford slave cylinder but the McLeod seems to be working alright after I made those adjustments.

Sponsored

16COEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
How much did the one from the dealer run? Im going to be doing a clutch in my car soon and really just have hit and miss engagement from the clutch right now. I have already done an MGW and fluid. Im hoping the clutch, clutch line and new slave fix the issues.

To answer OP's question, its probably fine it should move around in there a little bit.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
"hit and miss engagement from the clutch"

What are you describing ?

16COEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Sometimes the car shifts great, other times it doesn't. Like it will slide right into gear, sometimes you feel it shifter catch on the gear before going in because the clutch isn't completely disengaging. Doesn't seem to be any correlation to temperature either outside or trans temp. So it's not the trans fluid. For example, I can drive the car to work and it will lock me out at high rpm or drag occasionally going into gear. Leave work in the morning (work nights) and go 1-2-3 without coming off the throttle and take no effort to put in gear. My car has an MGW shifter, steeda bushing and BG fluid. Next up is clutch, line, and slave. My opinion at least with the MT82d4 is that the new twin disk or slave cylinder aren't being set up right or are defective from the factory in some cases and regular driving is causing failures. Most people think it's normal because the mt82 has a reputation for lousy shifting and just power through it.

Sorry for the long somewhat off topic post OP.

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a reason for changing it, just curious. Disk wears, this if not leaking may best left alone ?

If ain't broke don't fix it?
Old clutch went out so all new clutch, flywheel going in .

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, have read the twin disk is in play, as if the pressure plate is not pulling back far enough.

This leads me to think, the disks are the bad actors. I do not see the throw out bearing assembly (slave cylinder) as a problem.

But in there cannot be that much more to look at, for sure.

You have all the other items addressed. Cannot offer suggestions with regards to the disk & pressure plate combo.

But you are on the right track.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've been through this too. My new McLeod slave cylinder came with the wrong shaped line, loose dust boot, and the off center issue you have. I attached the boot properly and reused my original line. You can center the bearing by clicking it over just a bit. I wish I would have just reused my original Ford slave cylinder but the McLeod seems to be working alright after I made those adjustments.
Mine won’t budge how did you click it over?

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
Mine moved with finger pressure but it kept wanting to go passed the center to the other side. I finally got it and it stayed. Bolt it to a work bench and use the clutch disc installation tool to leverage it over. Maybe yours is damaged beyond straitening.

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Mine moved with finger pressure but it kept wanting to go passed the center to the other side. I finally got it and it stayed. Bolt it to a work bench and use the clutch disc installation tool to leverage it over. Maybe yours is damaged beyond straitening.
Got it!! Thanks for the help, it did want to just slide to the other side you have to ease it into dead center. End result:
image.jpg
Sponsored