Sponsored

Does the MGW Short Throw or Barton Shifter Work in conjunction with the Blowfish Racing Bracket on a 2015 + Mustang with MT82 or Tr3160? GT or GT350

Which brand do you like better?

• Barton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stock stick style w/ pull up collar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 , 2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
As the title asks: Does the MGW Short Throw Shifter or Barton shifter Work in conjunction with the Blowfish Racing Bracket on a 2015-2020 Mustang GT or Shelby GT350?

Question has come up since i already own a Blowfish Racing Bracket on my 2017 GT350 with the oem shifter, i prefer to keep my blowfish Bracket because i also have an aftermarket Driveshaft and i like the safety loop for the driveshaft that comes with it but i also want to upgrade to a short throw shifter now.
I already sold my OEM Shifter Assmebly with mounts and all the arms so i can’t really reuse any of those parts that come with it if it was needed for the install with the MGW Shifter or Barton Shifters.

Has Anynody had the chance to test this out?

I know the Barton requires many pieces from the oem shifter, so that’s most likely not an option for me right now. I Might have to go with MGW but they couldn’t confirm the fitment with the blowfish bracket and blowfish racing has not responded to my email yet, couldn’t call them because the number posted on their website doesn’t work for some reason lol. Anyways, MGW says their product is designed to reuse the Factory Body Mount thats comes with the OEM Shifter which i no longer have, but i don’t see why this wouldn’t fit with the blowfish bracket if the mgw shifter mounts just like the oem shifter on the body mount.

Looking for answers asap if anyone has something to share it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I will pass along what I've learned, these are 2 different shifters, each removes all OEM parts, replaced with each shifter & assembly parts.
1 MGW Short Throw Shifter
2 Barton shifter

Blowfish Racing Bracket

MT-82 manual transmission and the factory shifter. Does not fit Shelby GT350.

I would like to see the shifter mount too bracket part for the one you have ?

Last edited:

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
My MGW is trans mounted, doesn't touch the body mount at all. Not sure if that helps?
Sponsored