Sponsored

Does the euro-spec Mustang have rear yellow turn signals?

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
and if so, what is the part number? :D

_
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Euro spec mustang does have yellow (AMBER!) turn signals, part number nobody knows because you need to have an entire new light unit with them built in as it's a sealant (and unopenable other than cutting) unit.

OP
OP
danpass

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Cool thanks.

AMBER indicators are far superior to red indicators (on red brake lights).

_

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Cool thanks.

AMBER indicators are far superior to red indicators (on red brake lights).

_
THANK YOU! I agree sooooo much. On a motorcycle, I couldn't even see red turn signals on many cars because of my angle of vision. I f'ing hate brake lights doubling as turn signals. Pisses me off. :rant:

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
THANK YOU! I agree sooooo much. On a motorcycle, I couldn't even see red turn signals on many cars because of my angle of vision. I f'ing hate brake lights doubling as turn signals. Pisses me off. :rant:
I rented a car in the states once and the amount of times I slammed the breaks on because I saw a set of flashing red lights were too numerous to count. I don't know about the US, but flashing red lights here mean the car is under heavy (read: emergency) braking.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Yeah, we don't have the flashy lights hard breaking thing here, except with the middle brake light (and that's an aftermarket add-on and happens no matter what kind of braking). I have literally written letters to politicians telling them how ridiculous it is that amber turn signals are not required front to back, or at least a separate fixture for the turn signal (thereby not eliminating one hole break light from operation). I'm a little passionate about it... haha.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah, we don't have the flashy lights hard breaking thing here, except with the middle brake light (and that's an aftermarket add-on and happens no matter what kind of braking). I have literally written letters to politicians telling them how ridiculous it is that amber turn signals are not required front to back, or at least a separate fixture for the turn signal (thereby not eliminating one hole break light from operation). I'm a little passionate about it... haha.
I don't blame you. The US has very outdated standards when it comes to lighting requirements. You don't even get fog lights as standard, which baffles me to no end. Plus, with cars being global now, car companies could save money and lower prices by using harmonised parts; no more US-only lighting looms.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Can't see the point of fog lights in the UK to be fair.

We only get maybe 1 or 2 days every few years with fog bad enough to warrant teh use.

Highway code says to ONLY use fog lights if visibility is less than 100m, that means you cannot see the tail lights AT ALL on a car less than 100m away.

I have only ever seen fog that bad maybe twice in last 10 years, yet I see people with fog lights on even when it starts raining.
vast majority of times we get a bit of fog, visibility is always at least 150 or 200m minimum, usually a good 1/4 mile or more, and yet everyone and their mother puts their fog lights on and they are so blinding in rear view mirrors.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Fog is often very dense this end of the island mate, and far more frequent given I'm on the coast. Fog lights are a necessity. :thumbsup:
Sponsored