Sponsored

Does the 2020 GT PP2 include anything that the "base" (non-HP) Mach 1 does not?

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Probably a n00b question, but as the title says, I'm wondering if there are any go-fast bits (other than the Cup 2s) that weren't included (or upgraded) in the non-handling-pack Mach 1?

Thanks for the info!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
anyone-answer.gif

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
So far as I am aware, no. The PP2 has zero advantages except for price over the Mach 1. the Mach 1 has all the same as the PP2 plus upgrades on various areas.

OP
OP
RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far as I am aware, no. The PP2 has zero advantages except for price over the Mach 1. the Mach 1 has all the same as the PP2 plus upgrades on various areas.
Thanks for the info, that's what I thought... And then the HP is even more upgrades on top of that (including the PP2's Cup 2s). Just wanted to verify...

Sponsored

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I was also looking at the PP2 vs the non-handling pack for about 5 minutes...anecdotally, I think the PP2 has different calibrations of the mangeride and stiffer sway bars than the non-handling pack...but missing a lot of the other GT350/500 goodies, mainly the Tremec.

OP
OP
RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was also looking at the PP2 vs the non-handling pack for about 5 minutes...anecdotally, I think the PP2 has different calibrations of the mangeride and stiffer sway bars than the non-handling pack...but missing a lot of the other GT350/500 goodies, mainly the Tremec.
What makes you say that about the sway bars? They're not adjustable stiffness, right? So it would have to be an entirely different part to be stiffer by default on the PP2?

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
What makes you say that about the sway bars? They're not adjustable stiffness, right? So it would have to be an entirely different part to be stiffer by default on the PP2?
According to the link I posted from steeda the pp2 does have its own specific sway bar.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Whether the magneride/epas/abs etc on the PP2 and none HP are the same or not only Ford can answer.

On the HP there are some differences compared to the none-hp with regards to the tuning and the springs(stiffer)and rear sway bar is different(solid bar).

Not sure if anyone had checked the springs and sway bars on the PP2 and the none-hp if they are the same.

The hardware is no big thing to change but the tuning will be impossible to get same I guess if there are any differences.

Also as noted before you have the added coolers and the tremec or the revised A10 as well.

Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Coolers. Which is huge.

I really wanted a Mach1 because of the track-ready package, but paying $70K for a 2020 Mach1 (they were all way over invoice when I made my purchase a few months ago) vs $45K for a PP1 and adding $5K in aftermarket coolers to keep it on track didn’t make sense.

mfk2910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Farouk
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Probably a n00b question, but as the title says, I'm wondering if there are any go-fast bits (other than the Cup 2s) that weren't included (or upgraded) in the non-handling-pack Mach 1?

Thanks for the info!
As much as I would like to get a mach 1 the price is really not worth it. Dealers charging over invoice. It would make more sense to get a 1LE and still be cheaper than the mach.

The PP2 has the magneride suspension like the mach although differently tuned I would imagine. But the difference would be negligeable. If you look at car and drivers track times the pp2 came within 2 seconds slower than the gt350R and most likely the mach 1 wouldn't be any faster than the R. So how much money is worth spending if at the end of the day you won't really get any considerable performance gains. Yes the mach 1 with its diff and trans coolers would be better but still not 15-20 grand of dollars better lol

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Keep the PP2, why would you get the Mach 1 when you already have a great car and are satisfied with the transmission and endurance? Right now PP2 is not manufactured anymore, considering that PP1 is just a few grand cheaper, PP2 would cost the same as Mach 1 now (similarly equipped). So getting Mach 1 for new owners is a no brainer if they want to track it. But if I had 2019 PP2, I wouldn't give it up for sure.

I was dreaming about PP2 for years but they don't sell it here in Europe so I got really glad and lucky that we can get Mach 1 :like: This way I'll have PP2 lip spoiler and PP2-style wheels too both of which I love.

OP
OP
RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep the PP2, why would you get the Mach 1 when you already have a great car and are satisfied with the transmission and endurance? Right now PP2 is not manufactured anymore, considering that PP1 is just a few grand cheaper, PP2 would cost the same as Mach 1 now (similarly equipped). So getting Mach 1 for new owners is a no brainer if they want to track it. But if I had 2019 PP2, I wouldn't give it up for sure.

I was dreaming about PP2 for years but they don't sell it here in Europe so I got really glad and lucky that we can get Mach 1 :like: This way I'll have PP2 lip spoiler and PP2-style wheels too both of which I love.
I don't have a PP2, I was just curious (looked into a PP2 for a bit in previous years). Agree with the rest of your assessment, though.