Sponsored

Does the 2017 std track pkg devalue the 2016 tech pkg?

wjs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350; Previous: 2017 GT350, 2016 GT350, 2012 BMW 135i
The new 2017 configuration seems to leave those with the 2016 tech pkg with a car that we hoped would be perceived as a performer and retain its value but now may be seen as the less desirable set up. Why did Ford limit choices for 2016 and leave those that chose the tech pkg in such great numbers with a car that may not keep up with the new base GT350?
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
No idea but it sure is helping up Base owners since msrp is going to be higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think if anything, it has made the Base no optioned car more desirable from '16 (not going to comment on price or value, just desirability). The Tech Pack in my own opinion has been in a really awkward place as a very extreme Grand Touring machine but a little bit of an identity crisis. But it works for many buyers because it was the highest volume offering produced for '16 as far as we can tell.

macinehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
avalanche gray gt 350
I think if anything, it has made the Base no optioned car more desirable from '16 (not going to comment on price or value, just desirability). The Tech Pack in my own opinion has been in a really awkward place as a very extreme Grand Touring machine but a little bit of an identity crisis. But it works for many buyers because it was the highest volume offering produced for '16 as far as we can tell.
I have a tech pack on order and I can tell you all of this talk about cooling problems during track use is meaningless to me. The tech pack car is exactly what I wanted and perfectly suits my driving style. I've owned a TON of performance cars over the years and have never driven on a race track. My GT 350 will never be tracked. I just like to have a cool, comfortable hot rod to play with. I like the technology, wider heated and cooled seats, etc. I think maybe a lot of guys on this forum are track guys but I also think there are a lot of guys like me (and not on any forums) who just like cool cars, and will never see a track.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I've always thought that the GT350 is a car that should be optioned with the highest performance and durability. Going forward I suspect the cars optioned as such will retain their value more so over the others. That goes for all makes and models of cars.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
The new 2017 configuration seems to leave those with the 2016 tech pkg with a car that we hoped would be perceived as a performer and retain its value but now may be seen as the less desirable set up. Why did Ford limit choices for 2016 and leave those that chose the tech pkg in such great numbers with a car that may not keep up with the new base GT350?
Thanks for trolling here. "We" Tech buyers are getting tired of people like you heaping crap on our cars and Ford, based on a few reports of a problem that has yet to be properly diagnosed. My very recent (and real) experience of having Ford replace a GT 350 that had serious problems makes me think that Ford will fairly evaluate the situation with the Tech cars and come up with a fair and equitable solution - if that is what's appropriate.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Thanks for trolling here. "We" Tech buyers are getting tired of people like you heaping crap on our cars and Ford, based on a few reports of a problem that has yet to be properly diagnosed. My very recent (and real) experience of having Ford replace a GT 350 that had serious problems makes me think that Ford will fairly evaluate the situation with the Tech cars and come up with a fair and equitable solution - if that is what's appropriate.

Has the replacement been delivered yet? Fords QC is so bad that I'm sure you'll still find defects in the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Has the replacement been delivered yet? Fords QC is so bad that I'm sure you'll still find defects in the paint.
Nope - it was scheduled for completion today. I'm not expecting perfection - every car is different, and minor defects are part of its character. (I wouldn't kick Cindy Crawford out of bed for having a mole on her face, but if she looked like a witch, I'd never let her in the door.) :p

So far, The dealer and Ford have done everything possible to make things right. I'm expecting a happy ending. :thumbsup:

macinehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
avalanche gray gt 350
Here's what I don't get. How is a tech pack car less desirable all of the sudden? I'm getting EXACTLY what I ordered and wanted. I'll never track the car. I wanted seats my fat ass could fit in, that have cooling. I wanted the Sync3. Did I mention I'm getting exactly what I wanted?? And if you think these are cars are an investment, well then, good luck with that. BTW, as far as I know I'm getting exactly what I ordered. Did I mention that? :frusty: Sheesh!

Sponsored

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
The 2017 with the "Convenience" Package will have 2 more speakers, the trans and diff cooler and the duck tail spoiler over the car that I bought. I don't care about the 2 extra cheap audio system speakers, I am not going to track the car so the extra coolers are not necessary for me and the spoiler is not an issue either. The real story will be on how much the MSRP will go up because you are basically getting a tech pack track pack blend. I actually feel that I have something unique since there was only a one year and a month run on the tech pack cars.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Maybe it devalues the track pack?

This type of situation happens all the time in life. As soon as you buy the ultimate something, a better version arrives. Still, it doesn't make what you already have any worse. If you loved the car when you bought it, you should still love it now.

I know I love mine, even if I sometimes wish I could have had ruby red.

-T

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Nope - it was scheduled for completion today. I'm not expecting perfection - every car is different, and minor defects are part of its character. (I wouldn't kick Cindy Crawford out of bed for having a mole on her face, but if she looked like a witch, I'd never let her in the door.) [emoji14]
So far, The dealer and Ford have done everything possible to make things right. I'm expecting a happy ending. :thumbsup:
A happy ending from Cindy Crawford you mean? It's awesome if Ford can arrange that.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The answer is maybe. I think there are a lot of people who buy a car for being cool and fun and they don't plan to go to the track. Many of those people will prefer a car that's more comfortable and has more gizmos. I for one - who really wanted the track pack but knew I probably wouldn't fit in the Recaros - am irritated by it. I know my tastes are in the minority, though.

However, it looks like I will have a fairly easy path to add the features I want to my tech pack car, so I will be very happy in the end.

And the seats and entertainment system in the tech pack are way better than I expected. I didn't originally care about them, but now that I have them I think they are awesome. I feel spoiled and just love my tech pack car. Every time I drive it (like today) I get a thrill. 99% of the time I'm on the street and I'm having a blast. So, while for me I was mad when Ford announced the features on the 2017, I'm getting over it. I understand that with cars the manufacturer is always trying to make next year's version better.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
We don't have numbers yet but I think most of us expect the base price to jump up on the 17s. If they were the same price, maybe a little devalued but I think the difference in value will somewhat compare to the difference in base price...if so, then I'd say no, they will not devalue the 16s.
Sponsored