Sponsored

Does sport+ mode ever “learn” and get slower?

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
the sport+ mode in the 6 spd makes it feel so much peppier with increased throttle response, i’m loving it. however, back when i had my 2014 V6, i had an MPT tune on it that increased throttle response as well, and over time, the car “learned” if you weren’t flooring it all the time and the tune got slower and required a reflash to feel quick again, it was annoying. Does the s550 do that with the built in tune? my 2018 F150 in sport mode feels as peppy as it always did, and thats an auto, and nothing learned. Just wondering if the mode on the mustang learns and gets slower over time or anything.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
the sport+ mode in the 6 spd makes it feel so much peppier with increased throttle response, i’m loving it. however, back when i had my 2014 V6, i had an MPT tune on it that increased throttle response as well, and over time, the car “learned” if you weren’t flooring it all the time and the tune got slower and required a reflash to feel quick again, it was annoying. Does the s550 do that with the built in tune? my 2018 F150 in sport mode feels as peppy as it always did, and thats an auto, and nothing learned. Just wondering if the mode on the mustang learns and gets slower over time or anything.
Manual transmission GTs don't "learn and get slower". That's an automatic thing, where there's software that learns and adjusts the transmission's shifting strategies based on the driver's behavior.

And what "built in tune" are you talking about? Switching to "Sport"?

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual transmission GTs don't "learn and get slower". That's an automatic thing, where there's software that learns and adjusts the transmission's shifting strategies based on the driver's behavior.

And what "built in tune" are you talking about? Switching to "Sport"?
Yeah. Going to sport mode. My tuned manual 2014 def learned and got slower until I reflashed

Sponsored

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably because you insist on running 87 in a performance car lol
‘14 was a v6, def wasnt a performance car
and i’ll have you know i’ve been running 89 and up lately lmao
last fill up was 93 actually. 4.54 here at shell…drove 15 min just to get a shell station because i’ve learned to stop using wawa after hearing how their gas sucks…which blows because it’s so convenient….and then i refuse to go to a station that does separate cash/credit charges, so shell was the last option lol

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
NO, the driver gets used to the feeling, like your marriage.

On the first date a woman is the apple of your eye, then she is the pits, LMAO

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
All the gas comes from the same tank, WaWa, Shell, BP, Sonoco ect...

Unless the delivering tanker has a shell logo on it is from the local distribution center. The driver goes to the shell add pack then to the Shell station. His next load uses the BP add pack, ect...

If you think the Shell add pack is worth the extra .80 cents, more power to you.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Locally

Costco 93, $3.96
Shell 93 $5.05

It's a no brainer

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I personally feel that track mode is more responsive and it does "learn". To unlearn, resetting the car battery does the trick until it does it again in 2-3 weeks.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Locally

Costco 93, $3.96
Shell 93 $5.05

It's a no brainer
I will bet you if you ran the Shell for a year, the cost would not even be close to what you waste for that cell. That is the real no-brainer :question:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I will bet you if you ran the Shell for a year, the cost would not even be close to what you waste for that cell. That is the real no-brainer :question:
15 dollars a tank extra???? I woulkd need to get 5 mpg extra on the Shell, not happening.

It's all the same except for additives and costco is top tier.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally feel that track mode is more responsive and it does "learn". To unlearn, resetting the car battery does the trick until it does it again in 2-3 weeks.
really? the 6spd learns too? damn

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
To the best of my understanding the drive modes are preset and can neither learn or change. The A10 transmission does. Of course, aftermarket tunes can be modified based on what mode you are in.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
To the best of my understanding the drive modes are preset and can neither learn or change. The A10 transmission does. Of course, aftermarket tunes can be modified based on what mode you are in.
All I know is that it feels sluggish to me after some time, especially not getting on it. I've done two battery resets and each time after that the throttle response is insane and the car just pulls. After a while, it goes back to same old slugfest.
Sponsored