Sponsored

Does imperfections in the road pull your car all over the place?

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
My sons 01 GT does it bad on La. roads that are rutted to hell in back. I asked him if he wanted a slightly taller and narrower tire vs oem low profile flat tire, "no, dad, it looks cool." Then don't bitch when it drives like crap.
Sponsored

MattZx10r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
i never have had that probelm with my gt , but the lexus is250 i was driving before tramlined horribly .. there was a specific set of lanes on the 405 freeway that i would have to stay out off because grooves in the road would pull my wheel hard to the right if i wasnt gripping the wheel tight enough.. even then it was a game of tug of war for about 20 feet just to keep it centered.. long story short tires were worn, replaced them with some cheap $80 off brand tires because i knew i was trading up within the next month or two and it fixed the problem entirely. :headbang: so basically change your tires

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
So do cradle bushing lockout kits help with reducing tramlining? What about the front subframe braces? Significant improvement? Worth the cost?

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
my car started tramlining when i went from the stocks to a staggered setup of 255 35 20 and 275 35 20 summimotos. as they wore it got worse and worse. google research indicated that different tire treads can contribute to the issue but the main cause is wide low profile tires as others mentioned.

when i replaced them i went with the same size but in nitto nt 555 g2. almost a year on them and the tramlining is a fraction of what it was with the summis.
Sponsored