Sponsored

Does anyone know where all three blend door actuators are?

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hello,
My 2015 had the passenger side vents stop being temperature controlled and I am assuming it is one of the blend door actuators. I cannot find a single diagram or picture online stating where they are. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of their locations? In specific the passenger side being the most important to me.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Hal_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP w/ Recaros
Bump on this, just ran into the same issue. Bought the car used 3 weeks ago from a ford dealer only to realize now the driver side has heat but the entire passenger side (deforst, cabin, and footwell) vents are all blowing outside cold ambient air. The car only has the drive train warranty and dealership quoted me $250-$800 depending on which blend motor it was. Trying to figure out where these are located so I can fix it myself. Anyone have any new information on the S550 locations?

Hal_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP w/ Recaros
It looks like the 2015 model is the same as the 2011 I linked to in a previous reply. https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...vac-cat/evaporator-and-heater-components-scat

Thank you for that, it is super helpful. From what I am looking at the picture and where it shows the air filter located I believe that this is a back side picture of the assembly with the left side being the passenger side and the right side being the driver side. As shown it would be if you were standing at the front driver side quarter panel looking at the interior.

A question though pertaining to my issue. I was able to get the motor to switch once after going from full AC to Full heat about 10 times. Now the passenger side has full heat but when the ac is turned on it is around ambient temperature. This leads me to believe that whichever switch is not working it is controlling the panel that switches between A/C and heat for the passenger side. Does anyone have any idea which blend motor this is and where it is located inside the dash? I was able to find the one directly behind the glove box near the outer wall of the vehicle however that one was not making a clicking sound so I do not believe that is the correct one.

Sponsored

MrBill2016GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thank you for that, it is super helpful. From what I am looking at the picture and where it shows the air filter located I believe that this is a back side picture of the assembly with the left side being the passenger side and the right side being the driver side. As shown it would be if you were standing at the front driver side quarter panel looking at the interior.

A question though pertaining to my issue. I was able to get the motor to switch once after going from full AC to Full heat about 10 times. Now the passenger side has full heat but when the ac is turned on it is around ambient temperature. This leads me to believe that whichever switch is not working it is controlling the panel that switches between A/C and heat for the passenger side. Does anyone have any idea which blend motor this is and where it is located inside the dash? I was able to find the one directly behind the glove box near the outer wall of the vehicle however that one was not making a clicking sound so I do not believe that is the correct one.
Hal,
Any luck with this? My GT has the same exact issue

OP
OP
law242

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
as it is cooling down I am going to save up and by all four motors, take out the seats and just go to town. Before it gets too cold I want to hope I can figure this out.

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
upload_2019-10-31_14-53-53.png

Item Description

1 Center Register Air Discharge Temperature Sensor

2 Blower Motor Speed Control

3 Air Inlet Door Actuator

4 Blower Motor

5 Passenger Side Temperature Door Actuator

6 Driver Side Temperature Door Actuator

7 Footwell Air Discharge Sensor

8 Air Distribution Door Actuator

9 Evaporator Temperature Sensor

This is for a 2016. As viewed from the driver's seat.

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
My 2015 V6 base model, no L/R control, makes a clicking noise from the centre of the dashboard.

As far as I can tell the heat control is good and I can also switch air to Def, Dash vents, and foot-well.

Still only see DIY's for earlier models and wondering if anyone can confirm which blend door actuator is likely going out and how to get to it?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The larger stickied A/C thread in the Issues/TSB sub forum may be beneficial to you as well. It has quite a few excerpts from the Ford shop manuals and user posted docs regarding the HVAC system.

This is the most recent TSB (18-2256) regarding A/C issues for the 2015-2017 S550’s, it superseded the prior TSB 18-2166.

Attachments

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
The larger stickied A/C thread in the Issues/TSB sub forum may be beneficial to you as well. It has quite a few excerpts from the Ford shop manuals and user posted docs regarding the HVAC system.

This is the most recent TSB (18-2256) regarding A/C issues for the 2015-2017 S550’s, it superseded the prior TSB 18-2166.
Thanks for that - it's focused on the evap failure, which I don't have happen to mine being out of warranty.

I still picked up a few pointers from that TSB and the thread, and hoping I can get at the blend door actuators with the glove-box door removed.
Sponsored