Sponsored

Does anyone know how many Fuel pumps the S550 Has?

5iveO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arhmad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello I have a 2016 Mustang GT 5.0L and I'm trying to diagnose an issue that is fuel related and I am about to purchase a set of OEM Fuel injectors and an OEM Fuel pump but upon researching the fuel pump on the site where I usually buy my OEM ford Parts They have one that is listed as:

Fuel Pump Assembly - Driver's Side (LH)
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...5PTIwMTYmdD1ndC1wcmVtaXVtJmU9NS0wbC12OC1nYXM=

And

Fuel Pump Assembly - Passenger Side (RH)
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...5PTIwMTYmdD1ndC1wcmVtaXVtJmU9NS0wbC12OC1nYXM=

I was not aware that there are maybe 2 Fuel Pumps ? Just looking to get a little insight on this. If I am looking to replace the fuel pump do I need to buy both of these or just Drivers Side Assembly?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Based on the pictures, one of them is not an actual fuel pump per-se. I believe it's just a way for the fuel to be delivered from one bank to the other where the actual pickup and fuel pump are located.

The driver side is where the pump itself is (in that first link).

thegtway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arhmad
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Based on the pictures, one of them is not an actual fuel pump per-se. I believe it's just a way for the fuel to be delivered from one bank to the other where the actual pickup and fuel pump are located.

The driver side is where the pump itself is (in that first link).
thanks !

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
On your car, it should only be ONE fuel pump. However, having a 'saddle' tank, there's probably a TRANSFER pump on your car too. On newer cars like mine, with dual FI, there are TWO fuel pumps: the PI one should be inside the fuel tank, just like on your car. The DI pump is mechanical, and driven by the right exhaust cam. I'm not sure if there's a transfer pump on newer Mustangs or not. I read somewhere that the fuel is transferred via a venturi attached to the regular fuel pump, basically sucking the fuel from the other tank. I'd like to know if that's the case or not, out of curiosity :).
Sponsored