Sponsored

Does anyone have any updates on '16 350 SYNC 3 cars getting the 2.0 update?

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Spotify works perfectly. If you get Premium you get higher bitrate. If you then go into settings and tweak the equalizer you can improve sound quality 100%.
Update to iOS 10.1, delete the pairing, then pair the phone and SYNC again. If that doesn't work I'll buy you a beer.
Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Sync is awful. Maybe 2.0 is better? I'm not even entertaining the thought of another Ford until they get it fixed.... It rarely pairs with my phone, none of the apps EVER work with it unless it's plugged in, then ONLY pandora will work. Doesn't show me texts or allow me to return one by voice. AND it sounds horrible. I know "it's a GT350, listen to the the FPC... blah blah brainwash" but sorry to say that GM's setup with carplay is 1000000000000000000 times better. Intuitive, all apps work, sounds amazing, does everything you want it to. Fail, Ford.
Hi theman1990,

What type of cell phone do you have connected? When using AppLink, iPhones must always be connected through Bluetooth and USB. The text message feature must be turned on from the phone itself. Have you tried a module reset?

Cara

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
I think what is being missed in this thread is that anyone with a 2015/2016 Tech pack or R with electronics has SYNC 3, but we cannot use Apple car play or Android auto.

Ford is "working on an update" and will likely charge us, but nothing has been finalized. Anyone who wants Apple Car Play to work on a 2016 Tech or R w/electronics will likely need to get a new/updated USB installed in the arm rest console + software update. Anyone with a 2017 already has a fully functioning SYNC 3 with car play and android auto.

Sponsored

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
  1. Update your phone
  2. Delete the Bluetooth pairing on the car and on your phone.
  3. Pair your phone and Sync again.
  4. Enjoy.

iOS 10 had some issues with some cars. Worked fine with all of mine, but at least BMW and Ford had problems. 10.1 has fixed it. If you're on Android I suspect it's the same.
I have iOS 10.1, will try this and see.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
There was just a sync update for the sync 2 system - i'm hoping on hope the update for sync 3 is gonna be on the way.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
reading some of the whinging in this thread reminds me of this video

I think people are upset because CarPlay and Android auto were promised for the 2016s this summer. Here we are in October and no update and no word.

If Ford hadn't made another promise they didn't keep, you wouldn't have as much "whinging" about this.

And it would be a huge surprise when the update dropped and then Ford announced them for the 2016s.

Sponsored

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I just updated my 16 tech pack last night it now has android auto and it says
ford performance under the snake on the splash screen witch I don't care for I'm going to try to remove that with forscan

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I just updated my 16 tech pack last night it now has android auto and it says
ford performance under the snake on the splash screen witch I don't care for I'm going to try to remove that with forscan
Interesting...I did the update over last spring and still have my red splash screen I posted here
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1450458&postcount=196

Could be a later tweek to the software... Please keep us posted. Good luck :cheers:

Edit: you got me thinking so I went out to double check. I still have the red snake w GT350 like the badges on grill and back deck but "Ford Performance" comes up for a few seconds then disappears. Does your FP stay?

Last edited:

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I feel as if I'm the only one who would happily trade Carplay for instead being able to have all the aux gauge/temp readouts visible on the screen instead of cycling through them on the little hud.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I feel as if I'm the only one who would happily trade Carplay for instead being able to have all the aux gauge/temp readouts visible on the screen instead of cycling through them on the little hud.
Let me know when you want to dump the POS :lol:

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I changed mine to the red R splash screen last summer but now it has the red cobra badge and says ford performance like this
Sponsored