Sponsored

Does anyone have a Modern Spare for their spare tire set up ?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ok, you want answers? You previously said you were done, and I was very happy about that. Ok.

Why do I think you have no clue how to use a spacer? Well, one would only have to read every post you wrote. But to make it easy for you

47247602-3ED0-49F4-ACBB-6AB4504310A6.jpeg

E7371070-4625-4F38-AE85-306F580D34CB.jpeg

You can’t seem to understand the OEM lug nuts do NOT get used to mount the spacer. period, end of story. In some cases, the OEM lug nuts may be used to mount the spare to the spacer, but only if the spacer has the OEM size wheel studs pressed into them. These do not which is why they came with specific lug nuts to secure the wheel to the spacer.

I very nicely suggested the possibility that the lug nuts that are needed could have fallen out of the package during shipping to you (mine almost did).

815B6DD2-CFA0-475D-B06D-B2F62A1CE133.jpeg

Oh, would you look at that. My original picture posted shows both the lug nuts on the spacer (for mounting the wheel to the spacer), AND the required lug nuts to mount the spacer to the hub.

It was obvious to me and most of us I’m sure what the problem was from the get go. You did not have the required lug nuts. You couldn’t seem to figure that out, hence the not knowing how to use a spacer comment.

Its not my way of doing it, it’s the only way. Someone even posted a link to the missing lug nuts you needed, but all you wanted to do was complain that they were more money than I said they cost. Well they are from that place, but are cheaper most everywhere in else. I will say the ones linked are a better quality, and are worth the lousy $28.

I asked if you held the tire up to the spacer while it was sitting on the wheel studs only to ask if the wheel cleared the caliper. Why? Because this is what we all want to know. I did not ask a tough question.It was a yes or no answer. I did not expect you to drive to the quickly mart and get a donut.

Not one time did I suggest the spacer is definitely the right one. I only meant it IS possible the spacer would work, period. Knock off the crap about me not hearing what you said Tyler said. Trust me, we all saw what you wrote.

While we are at it. I asked for the name and number of who you spoke to so I could speak to the same person you did. No I’ll intentions, period. I figured I could jar his memory when I mentioned you.

You obviously have a hair across your ass for some reason, or you can not interpret plain English (I sometimes have this problem). I honestly do not care what you do, or don’t do. I will check for fitment before I post gibberish and immediately go through the hassle to package it all up and ship back.

It’s very possible this will not fit, I’m not trying to say otherwise. I will find out for myself, and share for the people who are still interested.

Take care Mike.
Wow,

And I thought this place was getting boring.
Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Wow,

And I thought this place was getting boring.
...only if you prefer ”cat in a room full of rocking chairs” theme 😂

***disclaimer/edit...a bottle bottle of 10 year Bulleit Burboun may or may not affect the above posting and/or veracity therin 😬

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
That's exactly what I would have done.
I think the problem is the spacer is lug centric so without a set of nuts to center the spacer on the hub there is no way you could determine if the wheel cleared the caliper.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
After getting some perspective of seeing the tire from @AngelDeath, i am a little more optimistic it will work. However they will literally being spacing the spare out past the caliper.....so if your comfortable with a ~3" bolt on spacer then it just may work. I would have no issue with a 3" spacer for emergency use. And this may be why they are having a hard time finding a relatively inexpensive vendor for LARGE spacer. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I think the problem is the spacer is lug centric so without a set of nuts to center the spacer on the hub there is no way you could determine if the wheel cleared the caliper.
Point taken.

That said, I'd simply have been looking for clearance. There wouldn't be enough stackup to prevent a good idea as to clearance without it having been hubcentric. Kind of silly for it not to be hubcentric if it isn't. And for the love of God, there are thousands of machine shops all across the country that can carve one out in a heartbeat. This should be a no brainer.

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
FA3CBF5D-C6F3-4DB3-8011-80C3658DAA95.jpeg

Just get a spacer machined to similar specs. Although the one posted is 30 spacers bolted together.

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
Not to keep this going, but have we decided if it fits or ever will fit? :cwl:

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
🍿 🍿🍿

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not to keep this going, but have we decided if it fits or ever will fit? :cwl:
I think it will. They just sent the wrong spacer. At least tbats my understanding.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Since there has been no information posted here, I feel compelled to put this information out. I wasn't going to do this as I was going to let this thread go, and since no one has posted any update, I decided to contact MS myself to help them out as I found a possible vendor replacement for them in case they still didnt have one, which Tyler said they dont.

And me and Tyler got into a very in-depth conversation about the spare, take the conversation for what its worth I will not answer anything and will not be following this thread.

Tyler explained the CURRENT kit will NOT work with the GT500 AND the 2021 Dodge Challengers. He said that both Dodge and Ford Brakes since the increase in size will not work the the 2" spacer that currently is in their kit, so they need to make adjustments to the spacer for it to work.

He said they are currently working on a 19" spare that will NOT fit flush in the spare tire well but will not need a spacer, but will not be out for at least a couple of months at best (which to me means it could be longer). He thanked me for the vendor I gave him in Vegas and he would pass that along.

He said he would keep me updated about the spacer and the availability of the kit once its done, which I dont expect but at least its an open end communication for the future to inquire.

Gleen what you want from this conversation, believe what you wish, I've done my PSA for this.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Unfortunately no. I think I’ll post on Fakebook to find out and ask if anyone wants to help.

It may not fit, but it also might (who knows). I will want to know before I go through the bother of returning it, and starting over, that’s all.
When all the excitement of getting your car slows down, if you still have the Modern Spare kit,
check out the fitment & see if what they sent you comes close to working . I'm still wondering if the right spacer would make that spare work.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
When all the excitement of getting your car slows down, if you still have the Modern Spare kit,
check out the fitment & see if what they sent you comes close to working . I'm still wondering if the right spacer would make that spare work.
That was the first thing I tried Mark. It does not fit. It’s not just the spacer, the diameter of the wheel is too small. They are working on an entirely new kit which I will be waiting for.

It fits just fine on the rear though. Not that anybody would buy a spare just for the rear, LOL.

I believe Mike has also mentioned them working on a new kit. They have been really great to deal with, so I will continue to give them my business.
Sponsored

Last edited: