Sponsored

Does anyone have a Modern Spare for their spare tire set up ?

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
... man... I was going to buy this kit as well shortly! Thx for posting.
Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
No need to apologize to me, I am not offended. I understand they should provide the correct hardware, but if it’s just $10 worth of lug nuts that’s is the issue, I am not going to return a wheel that probably still fits. I will source my own lug nuts, and they can credit me the cost. If the wheel does not fit because the spacer is wrong, then yes I will return it.
There are no lug nuts thats $10. For this to work with min cost, you would need to get nuts that fit the rotor lugs and use the provides nuts from modern spare for the spare, I still believe the hole for the spacer is too small to fit any nut due to the size of the bolt protruding from the rotor.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
There are no lug nuts thats $10. For this to work with min cost, you would need to get nuts that fit the rotor lugs and use the provides nuts from modern spare for the spare, I still believe the hole for the spacer is too small to fit any nut due to the size of the bolt protruding from the rotor.
If the nuts had fit, do you think the wheel would fit without any clearance issues?

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Do the factory nuts fit the studs on the spacer?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
5 high quality, smaller footprint nuts from Tim, $28.

Screenshot_20210623-152010_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If the nuts had fit, do you think the wheel would fit without any clearance issues?
Do not know that answer as I was not going to try and hold both to see if it would clear.

Also take note, that the main issue is the back with the brakes and clearing, not the front. I was trying this for the front as I curbed my passenger side tire and this would have been a great recovery for it to sit and wait for the tire to make it back, but I was not going to sit there and try both front and back to see if it would clear.

Do the factory nuts fit the studs on the spacer?
No they do not, the picture shows the major size different of the two nuts.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Do not know that answer as I was not going to try and hold both to see if it would clear.

Also take note, that the main issue is the back with the brakes and clearing, not the front. I was trying this for the front as I curbed my passenger side tire and this would have been a great recovery for it to sit and wait for the tire to make it back, but I was not going to sit there and try both front and back to see if it would clear.

No they do not, the picture shows the major size different of the two nuts.
Perhaps they sent you the wrong spacer?
Have you heard back from them?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I think they were supposed to include the proper nuts (similar to the ones shown above) to secure the spacer to the hub. At this point we can assume the spacer is correct.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
5 high quality, smaller footprint nuts from Tim, $28.

Screenshot_20210623-152010_Chrome.jpg
But the question is will the flanged area fit through the hole, Picture attached.

$30 is not $10

This is a very good possibility, and no I have not.

I think they were supposed to include the proper nuts (similar to the ones shown above) to secure the spacer to the hub. At this point we can assume the spacer is correct.
I am going to assuming nothing, if the spacer was correct then we wouldn't be having this debate. The problem is the nuts they provide will only work on the lugs on the spacer, the stock nuts will not go through the spacers hole because the flanged area of the nut is too big, and the stock nut is too big to fit on the lugs on the spacer, so IF everything was right you would be having pictures showing the spare and if there was clearance, not looking online to find new nuts to make it work and spend more money.

2021-06-23 15.33.27.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Did you read that the factory nuts dont fit the studs on the spacer?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Did you read that the factory nuts dont fit the studs on the spacer?
This is correct.

The nuts that came with the spacer do
This is correct as well, but the stock nuts that come with the car SHOULD fit to mount the spacer to the hub, which it does not. As my first pictures show.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But the question is will the flanged area fit through the hole, Picture attached.

$30 is not $10

This is a very good possibility, and no I have not.

I am going to assuming nothing, if the spacer was correct then we wouldn't be having this debate. The problem is the nuts they provide will only work on the lugs on the spacer, the stock nuts will not go through the spacers hole because the flanged area of the nut is too big, and the stock nut is too big to fi on the lugs on the spacer, so IF everything was right you would be having pictures showing the spare and if there was clearance, not looking online to find new nuts to make it work and spend more money.

2021-06-23 15.33.27.jpg
Have you ever used spacers before? This is not a mystery if you have. I have used these kinds of spacers before many times on my lifted F150's. The lug nut that holds the spacer to the hub simply needs to be of the kind Tob posted.

The ones Tob references may be $28, but they are available by other brands for less money if you look around. I have some from my last truck which I paid $30 for 20 of them. Not sure why you are attacking me?

You have made up your mind, so I am done trying to help you. I hope you come to a solution that makes you happy.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is correct as well, but the stock nuts that come with the car SHOULD fit to mount the spacer to the hub, which it does not. As my first pictures show.
By the nature of how a wheel spacer of this thickness works, no they shouldn't. The stock acorn nut has a larger flange, so the hole needed to fit them would be too large. All that needs to happen is to get the correct size lug nuts to secure the spacer to the hub.

I 100% agree that they should have been supplied, so I don't understand your issue with me. Do you not think it will be easier on you to grab the correct lug nuts, get credited for them, and have the spare that you wanted then sending the whole setup back?

I was only trying to help, and I will walk away now.
Sponsored

Last edited: