Sponsored

Does anyone have a Modern Spare for their spare tire set up ?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I hope that those who try this are successful. For me, a spare is essential to avoid a disastrous tow.

Terrance at Signature helped a few of us with '20's out with a dedicated wheel that fits front and rear.

Thanks again, T!

1621282210931.png
Yup, I remember this offer well. I am glad I waited because now I have a solution for 1/2 the cost, and one that will fit in the spare tire hole like it was supposed to come from the factory.

Happy that you are happy buddy. Hope all is well down there in Texas!

PS: Thanks for all the recent help with my wing project :like:
Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
It’s because of the spoke design of the wheel. The spacer must push the wheel out so the caliper isn’t riding inside the barrel.

Not a 100 mile, any mph solution but it will get me home, to a wheel shop, or back to my trailer in a pinch. Which is all I am looking for.
Has ZERO to do with spoke design. The only way this is working is if the barrel is completely outside the caliper itself...which i cant visually comprehend. I tried a cheap (somewhat cheap) forgestar 18" on the back and it wouldn't clear the parking brake.

I hope this works and very eager to see this bolted up....I am still in denial that this will work so please prove me wrong.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Has ZERO to do with spoke design. The only way this is working is if the barrel is completely outside the caliper itself...which i cant visually comprehend. I tried a cheap (somewhat cheap) forgestar 18" on the back and it wouldn't clear the parking brake.

I hope this works and very eager to see this bolted up....I am still in denial that this will work so please prove me wrong.
I am aware of the issue. What I mean is the spokes angle away from the barrel, not towards it.That and the spacers are what makes it work, so I’m told.

Going to have to be Mike who confirms fitment, as I have a couple more moths before I get my car back.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I am aware of the issue. What I mean is the spokes angle away from the barrel, not towards it.That and the spacers are what makes it work, so I’m told.

Going to have to be Mike who confirms fitment, as I have a couple more moths before I get my car back.
Will do, ETA shipment date is 6/7 so soon as it comes in the front wheel will be popped off and tested and pictures to confirm for everyone.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks for all the recent help with my wing project
As always, Jaime, no thanks necessary, my pleasure.

And roger on this solution meeting your needs more than the other solution, makes sense. You plan to travel in your girl, I don't so local recovery is all I need. :cool:

It's getting close, dude...Memorial Day will be here before you know it and I can ONLY IMAGINE how anxious you are to see your girl.

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Will do, ETA shipment date is 6/7 so soon as it comes in the front wheel will be popped off and tested and pictures to confirm for everyone.
Try the back too, i assume you will.....i foresee the front being an issue with barrel clearance.....the back could be barrel clearance and/or spoke interference with parking brake

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Try the back too, i assume you will.....i foresee the front being an issue with barrel clearance.....the back could be barrel clearance and/or spoke interference with parking brake
Well the spacer is suppose to give the clearance, as everyone here has said, the front rim will work in the back but the back will not work in the front due to the large brakes, but I'll test both, and I dont see the e-brake causing any issues because of how the spokes flair outward.

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Modern Spare uses a 18" wheel with Temporary Spare and Spacer.
Automotive Authority uses 19" wheel with a full size spare 155/70x19.

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
this sounds like a great option, eager to see it installed, thank for sharing and offering pics of a fit.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Modern Spare uses a 18" wheel with Temporary Spare and Spacer.
Automotive Authority uses 19" wheel with a full size spare 155/70x19.
As much as I was waiting for AA to release their spare since August of last year and now that Modern Spare released theirs I jumped on it, and Modern Spare doesn't sell the Spacer separately so it becomes a no brainer.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
I'm bummed! Checked Modern Spare's website and delivery date has be pushed
back to June 22nd. As soon as you guys got your orders filled and gave it a thumbs
up, I was gonna go for it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm bummed! Checked Modern Spare's website and delivery date has be pushed
back to June 22nd. As soon as you guys got your orders filled and gave it a thumbs
up, I was gonna go for it.
I haven’t heard a word about my order.
Sponsored