Sponsored

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY HAVE THE "GURNEY FLAP" ON THEIR CAR????

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hello My Friend Epiphany; I was actually kinda joking around about the "Expensive Piece of Plastic". I know what a guy is really paying for is the expensive struts. Anyway, like I mentioned I actually called my Dealer this morning and have him add to my order the "Handling Package". That way atleast I will get the GURNEY FLAP. After speaking to Ray at Ford Performance and him telling me that they would "CHECK MY VIN" and see if they would allow me to buy the Gurney Flap I thought well I just as well as order the whole Kit and Kaaboodle and be done with it. I thought I could just call them and tell them that I dropped it on my cement floor and for $200 bucks they could send me another one. But NO NOT GONNA HAPPEN THAT WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ALL GOOD AND ITS NOW PART OF MY ORDER. NOW, IF ONLY I COULD GET THOSE DAMN PAINTED STRIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think you will regret getting the package. If you didn't, down the road, that may be looked upon in a negative manner. It's $1500 in the grand scheme of things. That's nothing.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Well the purpose of the gurney flap. I think they look like crap. How do they improve handling?
I wish they had emojis. LOL I love it and just spent $1,500 on the "Handling Package" to get one. I don't even care about the "struts" which is obviously where the majority of the $1,500 goes. I just hope and pray the car doesn't ride so damn rough that my false teeth fall out on the pavement. LOL I don't have false teeth!!!!!!!!! But I will have a "GURNEY FLAP".

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I wish they had emojis. LOL I love it and just spent $1,500 on the "Handling Package" to get one. I don't even care about the "struts" which is obviously where the majority of the $1,500 goes. I just hope and pray the car doesn't ride so damn rough that my false teeth fall out on the pavement. LOL I don't have false teeth!!!!!!!!! But I will have a "GURNEY FLAP".
Makes the wing look like an Air Brake. Adjustable Strut hats are probably the cheapest part in the kit. Your paying that much for the Gurney flap. Those flaps will be available for $125 on eBay shortly.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Makes the wing look like an Air Brake. Adjustable Strut hats are probably the cheapest part in the kit. Your paying that much for the Gurney flap. Those flaps will be available for $125 on eBay shortly.
Wish I could afford to live in Miami. But I just live up here in crappy weather Nebraska Brother. I have come to "peace and tranquility" with the whole handling package deal. Yes, its crazy the way they priced it out but I really like the flapper alot and atleast now I will have it. How are the Dolphins going to do this season??? Iam a "HUGE CHIEFS FAN". Had season tickets for many years. Love them dearly.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
You are right about the gurney flaps being on eBay for cheap.

Only problem is, the aftermarket ones will probably be junk.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 301a Ruby Red PP2
Well the purpose of the gurney flap. I think they look like crap. How do they improve handling?
The gurney flap adds additional downforce to the rear with a minimal increase in drag. The original gurney flap created by Dan Gurney for Bobby Unser's racecar actually reduced drag while adding downforce. The biggest benefit is the suction side of the airflow (under the spoiler/wing) stays attached the bottom surface in laminar flow until almost the back edge of the spoiler/wing. Do not know how effective it is with the big middle section of the GT350 spoiler that attaches to the rear deck.

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
To disinter a few-months-old thread, I have had a manufacturer of a Gurney Flap (they call it "wickerbill") on my 2018 GT PP1;
A Gurney Flap.

For instance:
I have this one, clearly the poor man's edition for GT350 posers. Although there is practically no way for me to determine its effectiveness, it makes me feel good to see and touch it.
YellowCarGurneyFlap_1_DSCN6504.jpg

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
To disinter a few-months-old thread, I have had a manufacturer of a Gurney Flap (they call it "wickerbill") on my 2018 GT PP1;
A Gurney Flap.

For instance:
I have this one, clearly the poor man's edition for GT350 posers. Although there is practically no way for me to determine its effectiveness, it makes me feel good to see and touch it.
YellowCarGurneyFlap_1_DSCN6504.jpg
Beautiful car and I do like your wickerbill. Wish I could afford to live in beautiful San Diego. We stayed there for 2 weeks a couple of years ago. Rented an OceanFront Condo right down on the boardwalk. It was fun but while walking daily the bicycles just about ran us over daily. Really crowded. I really enjoyed the rollerskaters that had their dogs with them on a leash.

Deleted member 37397

IF IT BREAKS JUST BUY THE SHITTY ZL1ADDONS VERSION!!!!!!!!
sarcasm.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I don't think you will regret getting the package. If you didn't, down the road, that may be looked upon in a negative manner. It's $1500 in the grand scheme of things. That's nothing.
Tom, been meaning to ask, did you get the CFTP or Base w/handling pack?

I know you are going to make yours a track beast so you probably got the CFTP. Planning on putting racing seats and possibly k-member to drop weight in the front?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Tom, been meaning to ask, did you get the CFTP or Base w/handling pack?

I know you are going to make yours a track beast so you probably got the CFTP. Planning on putting racing seats and possibly k-member to drop weight in the front?
Tom is getting a CFTP car with painted stripes and roof.
Sponsored