Sponsored

Does anybody know how the Track Attack GT350s had their seats setup? They were recaro styled seats but still had heating/cooling

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Did you have the cup 2’s or PS4’s?
All their GT350's use the Super Sports.(PS4's don't come in the sizes for a GT350). My guess is that they get longer track life out of them, compared to the Cup 2's. I took a good look at the tires after our track day. They looked very good. I expected they were good for a few more track days. And between our driving, and the demo laps with the instructors, these cars do 20+ laps a day.
I've seen the pics guys post here of their SC2's after a track day. They say they get about 2-3 track days if lucky. And I don't think their doing 20+ laps a track session.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
All their GT350's use the Super Sports.(PS4's don't come in the sizes for a GT350). My guess is that they get longer track life out of them, compared to the Cup 2's. I took a good look at the tires after our track day. They looked very good. I expected they were good for a few more track days. And between our driving, and the demo laps with the instructors, these cars do 20+ laps a day.
I've seen the pics guys post here of their SC2's after a track day. They say they get about 2-3 track days if lucky. And I don't think their doing 20+ laps a track session.
That’s right… my bad on the PS4’s.

The blue instructor cars at track attack use the cup 2’s and their cars are 2019’s, that’s why I was curious if the student ‘19s had cup 2’s.

Yeah, cup 2’s definitely aren’t built for longevity, that’s for sure. I get 3-4 days out of a set, so 7.5-10 hrs of track time plus some road miles to/from the track. The R compound cup 2’s on the 350R are more in that 2-3 day window from what I hear.

Also…. Cup 2’s SUCK in standing water!

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That’s right… my bad on the PS4’s.

The blue instructor cars at track attack use the cup 2’s and their cars are 2019’s, that’s why I was curious if the student ‘19s had cup 2’s.

Yeah, cup 2’s definitely aren’t built for longevity, that’s for sure. I get 3-4 days out of a set, so 7.5-10 hrs of track time plus some road miles to/from the track. The R compound cup 2’s on the 350R are more in that 2-3 day window from what I hear.

Also…. Cup 2’s SUCK in standing water!
I'm super pleased with the porsche no spec 305/325 that I run on 11 and 11.5. 2 events so far and from 9/32s their at 7/32s granted I'm no where near your times but I'm pleased with how long they've lasted so far. Let's also add roughly 2,000 street miles. Also impressed with the wear on the rotors and brake pads.

-3 camber up front and -1.8 on the rear.
Sponsored

Last edited: