Sponsored

Does anybody have the phone number to open a case directly with Ford?

Semnole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I dropped off my vehicle to the dealership on July 3rd and signed it over and drove off in my new one on August 25th. Could have been a few day less but I was out of town until August 24th.
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Are you only eligible for the RAV program if you purchased the car new? I bought my 2015 as a one owner 7k mile care and I have the 8yr/60k Premium ESP coverage.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
my car has been in the dealer for 52 days now. Case manager said my BB is not approved on the 32nd day.
Today I again asked for a review for buy back but now, they don't even review my case saying that nothing significant changed. I don't think they will be able to fix the car soon either.
I contacted the couple of law firms and they said "since it is the first attempt to fix it, I have to wait till my car is back". and send them the work orders to decide if I qualify.

I am in Texas. any recommendation what should I do?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
my car has been in the dealer for 52 days now. Case manager said my BB is not approved on the 32nd day.
Today I again asked for a review for buy back but now, they don't even review my case saying that nothing significant changed. I don't think they will be able to fix the car soon either.
I contacted the couple of law firms and they said "since it is the first attempt to fix it, I have to wait till my car is back". and send them the work orders to decide if I qualify.

I am in Texas. any recommendation what should I do?
Looking at your profile, it seems you have a 2018, correct?

What is the issue with the vehicle - engine or other?

Has it been there for consecutive days? If it has been sitting at the Service Center for 30 consecutive days, regardless if it’s only the first visit, it should qualify for a Lemon/Buy Back claim.

Who is telling you that you don’t have a case or the case was denied - the Service Center/Dealership - or have you talked directly to a Ford Corp CSR using the 800#?

What was the reason for claim denial on 32nd day?

You (not the Dealership) have to start a Claim with a Ford CSR to get a Case #. Once you have the Case #, your claim gets elevated where Ford CSR HAS to get involved with the Service Center. They must find out the details for the claim. Once they confirm the claim details they should reach out to you afterwards to give you options as how to proceed.

Now, if it were me - and IF you have already spoken to a Ford CSR and you’re not getting results, call that 800# back, get an Operator and ask to be directed to the Supervisor for your Regional CSR.

Once you get that Supervisor on the phone, explain your concerns about the car AND that you are extremely upset being a new Ford car owner only to have your vehicle at the shop for more than 30 days for an issue that has not yet been resolved. Tell the Supervisor you have been more than patient, that if they can’t five you the option for a Buy Back within 2-3 days of speaking with you to make you whole, you’re going to get an Attorney AND you will be certain to post your displeasure on ALL of their Social Media platforms until you are made whole. You also tell them you will reach out to your local News Channel’s Investigative Team to give them negative publicity about your experience, since you’ve been without your new vehicle (which you’re making payments on) in excess of 30 days.

In the Lemon Law thread, within the first few pages, I’m certain I listed a link to a good Lemon Law Firm that is known for taking on such cases. IF you can’t get resolution via Ford, you can try the route of law firm/Lemon firms.

Have you documented everything after the car went into the shop?

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
Looking at your profile, it seems you have a 2018, correct?

Has it been there for consecutive days? If it has been sitting at the Service Center for 30 consecutive days, regardless if it’s only the first visit, it should qualify for a Lemon/Buy Back claim.

Who is telling you that you don’t have a case or the case was denied - the Service Center/Dealership - or have you talked directly to a Ford Corp CSR using the 800#?

You (not the Dealership) have to start a Claim with a Ford CSR to get a Case #. Once you have the Case #, your claim gets elevated where Ford CSR HAS to get involved with the Service Center. They must find out the details for the claim. Once they confirm the claim details they should reach out to you afterwards to give you options as how to proceed.

Now, if it were me - and IF you have already spoken to a Ford CSR and you’re not getting results, call that 800# back, get an Operator and ask to be directed to the Supervisor for your Regional CSR.

Once you get that Supervisor on the phone, explain your concerns about the car AND that you are extremely upset being a new Ford car owner only to have your vehicle at the shop for more than 30 days for an issue that has not yet been resolved. Tell the Supervisor you have been more than patient, that if they can’t five you the option for a Buy Back within 2-3 days of speaking with you to make you whole, you’re going to get an Attorney AND you will be certain to post your displeasure on ALL of their Social Media platforms until you are made whole. You also tell them you will reach out to your local News Channel’s Investigative Team to give them negative publicity about your experience, since you’ve been without your new vehicle (which you’re making payments on) in excess of 30 days.

In the Lemon Law thread, within the first few pages, I’m certain I listed a link to a good Lemon Law Firm that is known for taking on such cases. IF you can’t get resolution via Ford, you can try the route of law firm/Lemon firms.

it seems you have a 2018, correct?
Yes, 2018 GT.
Yes, ticking tapping noise from the engine.
Has it been there for consecutive days?
Yes, it has been in the shop since July 23rd.
I have the case number. what was denied was the buyback. Denied by case manager. I don't even talk anybody in the dealer anymore since they are no help. I just go to talk to technician time to time.
The case manager said I dont qualify the state requirements for buyback.
I created my case on the second week.
Already tried that since my case manager was no help. 800# told me thats the highest I can go. I am not sure if it is related or not, but case manager got meaner after I called 800# and ask for higher rank person. after that call when I asked for another buy back review she refused that in a rude way.
I called couple of law firms only one of them accepted taking my case for free but the retainer document they sent me to sign kinda scared me. In many scenarios I end up paying them. I asked questions about those scenarios and the attorney gave me very answers which doesnt answer anything. thats why I couldnt trust them.
Since I mentioned I may choose seek my legal options to service manager they refused to give me any documents. I don't have any paperwork about what has been done on my car since July 23rd.

I filed a claim on BBB auto line last night.
I am gonna try to reach couple more law firms.
I guess I can try to ask the supervisor of my case manager again from 800#.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it seems you have a 2018, correct?
Yes, 2018 GT.

Has it been there for consecutive days?
Yes, it has been in the shop since July 23rd.

The case manager said I dont qualify the state requirements for buyback.

I created my case on the second week.

Already tried that since my case manager was no help. 800# told me thats the highest I can go. I am not sure if it is related or not, but case manager got meaner after I called 800# and ask for higher rank person. after that call when I asked for another buy back review she refused that in a rude way.

Since I mentioned I may choose seek my legal options to service manager they refused to give me any documents. I don't have any paperwork about what has been done on my car since July 23rd.

I filed a claim on BBB auto line last night.
I am gonna try to reach couple more law firms.
I guess I can try to ask the supervisor of my case manager again from 800#.

Someone at your Ford Service Center or whomever you are dealing with at Ford either does not know or understand the Texas Lemon Law, because according to this very snip from the genuine Texas DMV website - your vehicle qualifies:

The 30 Day Test
If your new vehicle has been out of service for repair due to a defect(s) that substantially impairs the use or market value of the vehicle due to defects covered by the warranty for a total of 30 or more days during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles, and the problem still exists. If no comparable loaner vehicle was provided to you by the dealer during this time period, you pass the test.

It is advisable to contact the Lemon Law Section of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) for more specific information and assistance at (888) 368-468
That is taken directly from HERE:
https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law

I would print it and take it to the Dealership where you car had been sitting. I would go in and ask to speak directly to the Dealership Manager and or request a meeting with the Dealership Owner and advise them that they are wrong regarding the Texas Lemon Law.

I would also call that number in the quoted 30-day Lemon snip for your State and see what options are available to you.

Screw your original Ford CSR, they are peons pushing paper around. Call that 800# back and ask for a Supervisor - doesn’t even have to be the one for your CSR... once you get him/her on the phone - politely explain the issue AND reference the TX Lemon law regarding the 30 days. Also reference the fact that your CSR has been and is ignorant to you and you’re extremely upset as a Ford Customer and you need to be made whole...

Listen, it’s going to be a royal pain in the ass to deal with Ford - but you need to be persistent in every way possible - even if that entails YOU calling them every single day...

Based on what you have posted - If your vehicle has been sitting there on their lot for 30 consecutive days - it surely qualifies based on your State Law as a Lemon.

——
This firm is one I linked to in the Lemon Law thread and Steve Lehto has very high reviews regarding Case Law knowledge for Lemon Laws:
http://lehtoslaw.com/
You can trying reaching out to him via email to see if he can add any value.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
Someone at your Ford Service Center or whomever you are dealing with at Ford either does not know or understand the Texas Lemon Law, because according to this very snip from the genuine Texas DMV website - your vehicle qualifies:

I would print it and take it to the Dealership where you car had been sitting. I would go in and ask to speak directly to the Dealership Manager and or request a meeting with the Dealership Owner and advise them that they are wrong regarding the Texas Lemon Law.

I would also call that number in the quoted 30-day Lemon snip for your State and see what options are available to you.

Screw your original Ford CSR, they are peons pushing paper around. Call that 800# back and ask for a Supervisor - doesn’t even have to be the one for your CSR... once you get him/her on the phone - politely explain the issue AND reference the TX Lemon law regarding the 30 days. Also reference the fact that your CSR has been and is ignorant to you and you’re extremely upset as a Ford Customer and you need to be made whole...

Listen, it’s going to be a royal pain in the ass to deal with Ford - but you need to be persistent in every way possible - even if that entails YOU calling them every single day...

Based on what you have posted - If your vehicle has been sitting there on their lot for 30 consecutive days - it surely qualifies based on your State Law as a Lemon.

——
This firm is one I linked to in the Lemon Law thread and Steve Lehto has very high reviews regarding Case Law knowledge for Lemon Laws:

first I was pushing

——

I emailed him. he replied quick. But he said he says no idea about texas law. Also he said, he doesnt have any contact for texas that can help me and that could be because the laws are not pro-consumer in tx.
The service manager in the dealer is NO HELP he is always answering my questions in the fashion of "we are following whatever ford tells us", "we are waiting a reply from ford hotline", "we are waiting for parts", "you have to talk about that with ford", "I cant talk about lemon law"
I am really frustrated.
Only law firm that would take my case for free is Law Offices of Jason S. Hegedus PLLC. But like I said I didn’t like the retainer agreement they sent for me to sign. They also failed to answer the questions that I asked about the retainer agreement.
Anybody has any idea about this law firm?

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
ok. I called the 800# again. this time they were helpful they are gonna escalate the case to a higher rank person. First time someone found this situation not normal, when he heard it has been 53 days.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Does a ticking sound qualify as "a defect(s) that substantially impairs the use or market value of the vehicle" if the car runs perfectly fine? Did you take the car in and they say the ticking sound is acceptable? Did you just leave the car because you don't like the answer? If that is the case they will probably claim that it has not "been out of service for repair due" because it was normal an you just didn't pick it up.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
what they said is "this is common in these engines but mine is lauder and not normal".
they already changed vct solenoid which didnt help.
now they want to change the vct phasers. they have been waiting for parts since last week for the phasers.
they are attacking to variable cam timing stuff because when the tech kills the vct the ticking stops.
they even compared it to all the GTs that they have in the dealer when i first took it in. There was one GT which is owned by a salesperson which is almost as laud as mine but they never said it is normal.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Do you have an update?
Thanks
They ended up replacing the drivers side cylinder head and got the car back to me on day 25. So far, it's been running fine but I only drove it a few days. Ford offered me an extended warranty at no cost, but I had already purchased the 8 year/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty while the car was in the shop. The Ford rep is looking into getting me a credit on my Ford Motor Company loan. I'm supposed to be hearing from her today. I will let you know what happens. I'd also like to have the car dynoed to be sure it's up to par after the repair but I've been busy.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Just curious.. I have appt made with dealer, they already confirmed an issue prior to appt and drop off, should I still open a case with ford? Or just drop it off at the dealer and let them order a new short block?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious.. I have appt made with dealer, they already confirmed an issue prior to appt and drop off, should I still open a case with ford? Or just drop it off at the dealer and let them order a new short block?
Definitely call and get a Case # started - this way you are already documenting the fact that you believe the NEW car has an issue. This will elevate your claim and make Ford aware of the issue, where the CSR will reach out to the Ford Service Center and be involved along the way, especially IF there is a major finding.

Also because the car might have a “tick” that could be detrimental (as not all are), it does not guarantee ANY engine replacement - even if the CSR is involved. The Ford Service Center must follow Ford’s protocols for diagnosis and MUST find an issue that is relative to the concern where they might send an FSE to confirm the findings. If the FSE and Tech/Service Center Foreman ageee there IS a major concern necessitating engine replacement, they relay that to Ford and the CSR, at which point an engine replacement would be authorized.

The CSR is to make sure:
1) Your initial concerns are being addressed
2) To maintain Customer satisfaction
3) To document such issues
4) if there is a major replacement or vehicle Buy Back to be implemented, that you are informed of those actions and advise you on how you wish to proceed.
5) Offer you a choice of customer consolation packages, such as warranty extension or maintenance plan.
6) Follow up and through with Service Center repairs and advise you of the efforts being made to resolve the claim.

The Service Center must first attempt to repair the vehicle - even with CSR involved, they must follow Ford’s internal protocols and processes, period.

If the vehicle is going to be at the shop for 30 days or longer - based on YOUR State Lemon Laws, you will then have to decide how you will proceed with any such claim.
Sponsored