Sponsored

Does anybody have the phone number to open a case directly with Ford?

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
At this point my 2016 GTPP with 8900 miles has been at the shop for 17 days with no resolution. Can somebody please provide me the appropriate phone number for contacting Ford? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Semnole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I just went through the RAV process with Ford. I'm in Florida and at the 30 "cumulative days" mark, Ford gave me the option to either wait for the back ordered part(s), buy back, or replacement Ford vehicle. Elected to replace with another Mustang.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
For those needing to contact a Ford CSR to start a claim due to unsatisifed warranty issues, lack of Ford Dealership action or bad Customer Service, Ford Service Center issues, Buy Back/Refund/Lemon Law process or to get support for other various issues/concerns, here’s all the Ford Customer Care info as of 2018:
CE7CE21F-BE62-41F2-8CB8-41E8F694B536.jpeg
FF5F71B1-8321-456E-ABD1-4A85B0008D13.jpeg
C4098705-CA6D-4956-959B-8998C08FBDC4.jpeg
9033EA35-7BB3-46D4-844E-153035FE276C.jpeg
21E435E8-BBC4-42B5-B4B6-3795E9FCA8AB.jpeg
BD239019-A794-4847-89C2-E4301D697AE0.jpeg
5E9DCF8A-8E1C-423E-8EB1-E3D546ABD1AC.jpeg
531C71A3-557D-49ED-9A36-8E0FA13F179F.jpeg
CC712ACB-3039-4C03-87C7-9D2EB62E06AD.jpeg
7359925E-0DC4-4D5C-9F5B-45B550A4AD28.jpeg

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I just went through the RAV process with Ford. I'm in Florida and at the 30 "cumulative days" mark, Ford gave me the option to either wait for the back ordered part(s), buy back, or replacement Ford vehicle. Elected to replace with another Mustang.

So how does that work? Do you get charged for mileage? and how does the loan get handled..

Sponsored

Semnole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Florida so I was charged a mileage fee; however, I believe some states wave this. Not sure though. At the 30 “cumulative day” my car was in the shop, Ford gave me the option of waiting on the back ordered short block, buy back, or replacement. Replacement is based on MSRP to MSRP value. I chose a car that was 5k more so I paid the difference of MSRP plus mileage fee. But Ford gave me 2k more on the old MSRP to get me closer to the new one. You do get back some other fees you paid into the old vehicle.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
I live in Florida so I was charged a mileage fee; however, I believe some states wave this. Not sure though. At the 30 “cumulative day” my car was in the shop, Ford gave me the option of waiting on the back ordered short block, buy back, or replacement. Replacement is based on MSRP to MSRP value. I chose a car that was 5k more so I paid the difference of MSRP plus mileage fee. But Ford gave me 2k more on the old MSRP to get me closer to the new one. You do get back some other fees you paid into the old vehicle.
How old was your car when Ford offered to buy the car back or replace it? I'm on day 21 without my car and I don't see them getting it back to me within the next 9 days. My car is two years old so I may be SOL even though I only have 8900 miles on it. Thanks!

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hi Semnole,

I was wondering if you had a lawyer help you with the process or if you went to the BBB AUTO LINE to start your claim? Also, did you wait until day 30 to start the process or did you get everything lined up beforehand? I'm on day 21 and my car has just been sitting. I don't think they will have it done by day 30 and at this point I just want out of the car. Any advice or recommendations you have would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

--Tom

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
How old was your car when Ford offered to buy the car back or replace it? I'm on day 21 without my car and I don't see them getting it back to me within the next 9 days. My car is two years old so I may be SOL even though I only have 8900 miles on it. Thanks!
I’m in the same boat with a 3 year old car. Just a few days shy of the 30 day mark. Gonna have to research my options.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
I’m in the same boat with a 3 year old car. Just a few days shy of the 30 day mark. Gonna have to research my options.
Be sure to keep us posted how you make out. What state are you in? I'm in Wisconsin which has a one year limit. However, I bought the car from a dealership in Illinois so their lemon law applies. I'm going to call the Illinois bar association tomorrow and get a lawyer referral and also call the BBB to find out what my options and next steps will be.

Semnole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my 2017 last June so at the time it went into the shop, it was 13 months since purchase and had 17,xxx miles. I did not pursue a lawyer but was close to contacting the BBB. You need to contact Ford directly, not the dealer contact them. You will need to open a case number on your vehicle. Once a case is opened, Ford will have an Engineer look at. However, at the 15th day, you should have notified Ford in writing that it had been out of commission for 15 days. Ford received my letter on the 21st day and was in touch with me on the 30th day to give me options. In my case, replacement was option which I chose. Each state had different rules on this but here is an example of Florida’s.. https://www.dmv.org/fl-florida/automotive-law/lemon-law.php

codegrinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OW PP GT (lemon buy back) 2018 Charger Hellcat
I did try and open a case, they pretty much to told me to go pound sand and deal with the dealers service manager. Even though i have been waiting for an engine for 24 days.

Semnole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did try and open a case, they pretty much to told me to go pound sand and deal with the dealers service manager. Even though i have been waiting for an engine for 24 days.
In Florida, you have to notify Ford by mail utilizing the Motor Vehicle Defective Notice and s copy also gets sent to the Attorney General. At 30 cumulative days in the shop, the vehicle can be considered a lemon.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The time period from when an owner can claim a Lemon case depends on your Home State Lemon/Buy Back Laws. Ford does not deviate from those laws at all and such laws are different in every single State.

There’s also procedures and stipulations depending on the actual situation or concerns that would lead an owner to file for Lemon/Buy Back. Meaning, again based on State laws, an owner may only file IF the car is 24 months old (or less), has less than X-miles on it, OR if the vehicle has been inoperative at the Ford Service Center for 30 consecutive days - key word being consecutive.

Also, a concern where an Owner is not being satisfied or made whole due to a redundant repair (or multiple warranty issues) should ALWAYS open a claim with a Ford CSR (using phone numbers listed above). This is NOT circumventing the Ford Service Center or going behind their back, it’s to DOCUMENT the concern and problem - and it also gives your vehicle priority at the shop. If you don’t get the concerns documented in this manner, Ford has the stronger hand. Sure you can get the invoice or work orders from each time the car was at the shop - BUT that is no where close to documenting the issue with Ford via the numbers above.

Hi Semnole,

I was wondering if you had a lawyer help you with the process or if you went to the BBB AUTO LINE to start your claim? Also, did you wait until day 30 to start the process or did you get everything lined up beforehand? I'm on day 21 and my car has just been sitting. I don't think they will have it done by day 30 and at this point I just want out of the car. Any advice or recommendations you have would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

--Tom
Speaking from experience - an owner does NOT have to file with BBB, write letters OR involve an attorney. If the Owner starts out by opening a Case with their Regional Ford CSR via the numbers above, clearly states the problems or concerns, makes it a point that they are totally disgusted being a new Ford vehicle Owner due to such warranty problems AND wants resolution, that in itself is documenting the issue. They HAVE to keep notes and any emails you send them outside of the Ford Service work orders. The Owner also has to do their own follow ups with the Ford CSR (or RAV CSR) because they will NOT always keep the owner up to date on the progress of their claim.

I never once filed BBB nor did I get an Atrorney. I did everything myself, I had EVERYTHING documented from start to finish. I did not let up on being persistent and voicing my dissatisfaction with the vehicle. I kept it professional (no getting obnoxious, cussing, etc) and was sure to keep all records of my phone calls, emails and or texts from Ford Service Center and the Ford CSR.

I will say this - if you’re not a patient person, the Ford RAV process will infuriate you and you’ll most likely want to give up. It’s a very drawn out, tedious and lengthy process.

You cannot just claim a Lemon to get out of the vehicle - you MUST have documentation that a problem exists via Ford Service Center and Ford CSR that you have allowed attempted repairs by Ford (regardless of how many attempts, how time consuming or invasive they were to your personal/work life).

The key is, you HAVE to allow Ford to attempt to repair the vehicle via the normal Ford Warranty process. That alone can be a PIA as well, BUT as I said above, the more documentation you have, the stronger YOUR claim is against Ford for a Lemon/Buy Back.

I bought my prior 2016 new in Dec 2015 - it had issues from 1,090 miles and was at the Dealership so many times from Jan 2016 through August 2017, I can’t even count...but I have a file that is over 3” thick, excluding probably close to 50+ emails that have not been printed. It was a royal PIA to deal with and it’s too much to keep reposting everything (which anyone can search my user ID for this forum and see the vehicle issues and my very detailed replies and assistance to others). I initiated the Buy Back in Sept 2017, I didn’t get to take delivery of my 2018 until Feb 2018 and the 2016 had over 30k miles on it when turned in.

My Buy Back was unique in that I had everything documented from the FIRST time it went into Service, the driveline issue was redundant, the car had other warranty issues, Ford Service Center had Ford Engineering involved, an FSE was sent to the Ford Dealership 3x with specialized equipment AND I had extensive documentation between Ford Service Center’s Tech and Ford Engineering.

The other thing that was unique to MY situation was that when I initiated Buy Back, there were no new 2016’s that matched my exact color/option package of my 2016. I requested an exact match to my existing 2016. Ford Dealer searched the entire country for an exact matching 2017, to no avail - therefore Ford RAV authorized a special order new 2018 to match my 2016. That also held up my Buy Back process, because 2018’s were not even hitting lots yet in Sept 2017 and Ford started their process in Nov 2017.... So my situation took longer to resolve than most others.

You would only need to involve an Attorney IF you feel you have been wronged by Ford RAV for a Lemon/Buy Back denial. If you do go that route, again, as noted above you MUST research your Home State Lemon/Buy Back Laws and you better have extensive notes or documentation to support your claim - otherwise you’re throwing your money away. Going with an Attorney can prolong the process, because you’re not going to be that Attorney’s only client.

Trust me - not posting shit to scare anyone or posting non-factual info; I have posted a TON of facts regarding the RAV process that has helped a few others get made whole.

Visit the Lemon Law thread I started on here too - there’s a boatload of info in that thread from me and many others.
Sponsored

Last edited: