Dodgy clunking from right rear after putting on new springs and sway bars

jamieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Title says it all really. Put on BC springs and struts, along with BMR sway bar and end links. Was all good for a couple of days. Now I'm getting clunking from the rear right as with any kind of non-perfectly smooth road. Nothing is lose, so I'm assuming it only happens when there's 3500lbs of load rattling it around. I'm not really sure where to start looking. Any advice on what's the procedure here?
Sponsored

Last edited:

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
I would start with checking endlinks and bushings for sway bar.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Did you clock the bushings? My was making some noises going slow after I installed my springs. Reclocked the bushings and it went away.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
i had the same problem after shocks/struts and swaybars, my springs and isolators were not sitting right got it fixed noise went away 80% then got an alignment and it went away 100%

OP
OP
jamieb

jamieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Thanks for all the advice. I'd never heard of clocking bushings before. I suspect this journey is going to involve a lot of things I didn't know that I didn't know.

Well, found my problem. Don't know how I missed it before, but I'd not properly tightened the locking ring on the adjustable dampers and it had come lose. It was pretty obvious once I disconnected the strut at the top. Once it was tight the noise was gone.
Sponsored