Sponsored

Dodge unveils the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I was at a car show a couple of weeks ago. Both the local Mustang and Mopar clubs were there. The late model Challengers out numbered late model Mustangs by at least 2 to 1.
It's been a few years, but the last few car shows I went to that admitted the newer stuff had a large contingent of Challenger people. Guys really love their Challengers.

I figure my fairly new Mustang is nothing to look at and to me it seems dumb to bring a new car to a car show. Possibly most of the Mustang people share that opinion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I love the Mustang, always have. But, there comes a time when a father of two (and working towards a third) needs something a little more practical. Now, if they offer a 797 HP Charger, you bet your butt I'm interested lol.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
So, excuse the ignorance, the GT500 is a Demon competitor? A big horse power straight line monster? The GT350 being the circuit carver?
Nope, the GT500 will be a ZL1 competitor that can be put against the Hellcat Red Eye, however a more objective comparison should be against the regular Hellcat. In other words, the GT500 will be track focused, not a "straight line only" monster.

I was at a car show a couple of weeks ago. Both the local Mustang and Mopar clubs were there. The late model Challengers out numbered late model Mustangs by at least 2 to 1.
I guess bystanders are safer that way :lol:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Probably because Dodge will give a car loan to anyone.

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Or perhaps because Mustangs are a dime a dozen lol....seriously, before Dodge and Chevy came back out with the Challenger/Charger and Camaro respectively, it was either imports or Mustangs you saw being driven by young folk. Since everyone had mustangs it's no surprise the other brands have gained in popularity.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Impressive car, but I'd still take a boosted Coyote. And that hood is hideous.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Love it, especially with the wide body, and now the Scat Pack wide should offer an incredible value. Dodge simply said, here's the market we want, and built the perfect car for it, big, comfy cruiser, tons of straight line capability, great street presence.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Love it, especially with the wide body, and now the Scat Pack wide should offer an incredible value. Dodge simply said, here's the market we want, and built the perfect car for it, big, comfy cruiser, tons of straight line capability, great street presence.
Plus 1^^^^. Marketing is spot on. They lease many SXT's as well. :headbang:

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Wow one hell of a car. Wish I had the extra cash to buy this car.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda nice how FCA has a package for the SP that is kinda like letting you have the mag ride and PP1 all together in one combo. for the SP. Wide body package is $6000 on top of a base Scat Pack, but it gives you so much for the value. you get the previous hellcat hood, the wide body, now you get the 20x11 wheels, the 6 pot brembo upgrade, and the SRT three mode adaptive suspension. Previously it was just $2000 to get the 6 pot upgrade and slightly wider tires, but the new package you get wider wheels as well and an adaptive suspension thrown in along with the body updates. but of course things start to add up when trying to make the SP premium such as leather, tech, nav, safety etc.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I wonder why short it 800hp....
I'm sure it's over 800HP and over 707TQ. Just like the Hellcats are underrated at the crank. I kinda want a standard body Redeye in GoMango with the dual carbon fiber stripes, alcantara seating and I'll have to see what else they have to offer as options.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Kinda nice how FCA has a package for the SP that is kinda like letting you have the mag ride and PP1 all together in one combo. for the SP. Wide body package is $6000 on top of a base Scat Pack, but it gives you so much for the value. you get the previous hellcat hood, the wide body, now you get the 20x11 wheels, the 6 pot brembo upgrade, and the SRT three mode adaptive suspension. Previously it was just $2000 to get the 6 pot upgrade and slightly wider tires, but the new package you get wider wheels as well and an adaptive suspension thrown in along with the body updates. but of course things start to add up when trying to make the SP premium such as leather, tech, nav, safety etc.

They only have electronic suspension not magnaride
Sponsored