obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
What difference do the gear ratios make? Also, do you think the Charger Redeye or the new Challenger Super stock could take the GT500 in a roll, since they are a little faster than the Challenger Redeye.
The 3.09 hit harder. On the drag strip it allows for a better 60 foot time.
On the street you will leave harder when you downshift, also can brake traction easier.
The Redeye Charger and Super Stock will probably still both lose in a roll race though.
However all the 807hp Super Stock cars have the 3.09 gears so it will be close.
If you both leave at the same time from a roll the GT500 should win 9 times out of 10.
Again a lot of factors come it to play.
If you just rolling along at 40 and punch it (allowing the car to downshift by its self you might lose)
You need to have it (locked) in a gear holding pretty high rpms and then hit it.
If only one guy does it correctly then he will have the advantage.
Once a car jumps out on you it’s hard to catch up unless you have a decent more hp.
And in this case you have very similar hp to weight ratio with the GT500 and Redeye.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow,......I always thought the GT500 was faster in the quarter mile than the Redeye???
Stock vs. Stock??

Wow, you learn something new everyday! lol

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Wow,......I always thought the GT500 was faster in the quarter mile than the Redeye???
Stock vs. Stock??

100% stock for stock yes, the GT500 is faster.
However as soon as you put drag radials on either car, the Redeye will win most of the time.
Redeye with the 3.09 gears can cut a 1.4 60 foot with good prep for a final time of 10.3 to 10.6 in the quarter mile.
GT500 on drag radials with cut a 1.6 to 1.7 60 foot on good prep for a quarter mile time of 10.6 to 10.7
Redeye with the standard 2.62 gears will cut around a 1.5 60 foot and is very close to the GT500s time.
Again, this is with drag radials.

Mustang Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RG
Vehicle(s)
2-2020 GT 500
Stock vs. Stock??

From an “owners” perspective ... let’s say I’d rather be out front 360 days a year on the road as opposed to “maybe” seeing the hood of another car for those 4-5 (only seconds) days at the drag strip..

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
From an “owners” perspective ... let’s say I’d rather be out front 360 days a year on the road as opposed to “maybe” seeing the hood of another car for those 4-5 (only seconds) days at the drag strip..
LOL
Yeah,....I'm not a drag strip/road race kinda guy either.
I like both cars, but if I'm picking one, it's the GT500 ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. :like:

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
I would rather have a GT500.
However if I get one, it will be a CFTP version.
The 2021 Redeye Charger has me interested...

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
"Racing" as in street racing. The Redeye still beats the GT500 on the drag strip from what I have seen and heard.
Correct.
If a Redeye had drag radials and 3.09 gears it will win 9 times out of ten against the GT500 on the drag strip. (If it has decent prep anyway)
If the Redeye has 2.62 gears it is much more of a drivers race.
Again, talking drag strip here.
Roll racing, the GT500 has the advantage.
What difference do the gear ratios make? Also, do you think the Charger Redeye or the new Challenger Super stock could take the GT500 in a roll, since they are a little faster than the Challenger Redeye.
Stock vs. Stock??

showroom floor stock for stock, the GT500 is faster in every type of competition. its been proven time and time again now. can we move on?