Kermut

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
? there's 2 of them. One is wide-body, the other has all the WB features but without the WB flares.
I feel like you are all over the place if you are cross-shopping a SS1LE, Mach 1, and the Challenger hah. One of those is not like the others

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like you are all over the place if you are cross-shopping a SS1LE, Mach 1, and the Challenger hah. One of those is not like the others
The M1 is out because of the silly price and not usefully different from my current GT which only cost <40k with all current and planned mods.

The SS/1LE isn't at full-rate production yet and I'm not paying ADM.

I've driven the Challenger a few times and it definitely has issues compared to a buttoned-down Mustang but there are suspension tuners (same as you can use on Mustang) that will help. I could order a Hellcat 6MT at 10% off MSRP but the order books for MY22 aren't open yet and not sure I really want to spend that level of coin - going fast in a straight line is not interesting.

For the same price as the HC I can get a CT4V-Blackwing at MSRP which will drive vastly better.

The MY24 Challenger replacement may be a fantastic reboot and if it's THAT good I could be tempted to trade in an older vehicle. The current Challenger just looks so 'right' and it drives well enough with the dynamics package and dynamic suspension (Bilstein's take on the Magneride). Like the Mustang it suffers from criminally weak bushings.

Last edited:

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
? there's 2 of them. One is wide-body, the other has all the WB features but without the WB flares.
If you can get a Challenger hellcat or any Challenger at 10% off MSRP then you are doing well in this environment. I think order times are anywhere from 2 to 4 months for this vehicle right now.

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to miss them, but not the idiots who drive them...just saying.
I am sure they would say the same about you. If I had a nickel for every mustang pilot who rolled up next to me in my SRT wanting to race I could retire today.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kermut

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I am sure they would say the same about you. If I had a nickel for every mustang pilot who rolled up next to me in my SRT wanting to race I could retire today.
They could, but they would be wrong! j/k

I can't even post about Mustangs in my FB car group because people will instantly make cars and coffee jokes. Some poor guy hit a deer in his S-197 and the number one comment was, "why did you swerve off the road to run down the deer"

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They could, but they would be wrong! j/k

I can't even post about Mustangs in my FB car group because people will instantly make cars and coffee jokes. Some poor guy hit a deer in his S-197 and the number one comment was, "why did you swerve off the road to run down the deer"
Yeah, I agree, generalizations are everywhere.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
You are talking about a company that is so relatively development poor they have been producing literally the same pony cars for 13 years with minimal updates.

From the original article- "While back in August, Dodge hinted that its traditional muscle cars could stay for a short period beyond 2024, that no longer seems to be the case."

They don't have the budget to build a new chassis, and anyway why would they, when the clearly are pushing electrification and the shelf-life of a new ICE chassis would be 5-10 years tops.
...there is nothing remarkable about a Challenger; save the Shaker.
Sure, tons of horsepower and ability to smoke tires at will............
Look at a Camaro; nothing remarkable either.
They still look better than a Challenger, though.
The 2015 Camaro was the only year I was interested in, so I bought one.

The wide-body Challenger looks ok, but the tires need to be bigger/larger.

Look @ the average Mustang, even the Ecoboost; they are great looking and.....
.....I can't think of a word to describe them.......
The lines; the spoilers (every variation), the ground effects and stance.
The subtile differences of a GT350 or 500; even the Snake emblems pop.
Even if you don't like stripes, they sure make the car look amazing!!

Someone mentioned about the Challenger I had; if it had the Dynamics package and
if it would have helped handling. It didn't and I don't believe it would.
I don't think it would have helped.
I was glad to get rid of the car and get back to a Mustang....................:clap::like::rockon:

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A

Nah, I live in SE MI with more domestic vehicles than any area in the country, and Dodge owners in general are another breed, that company will sell lease to any deadbeat, unlike F & GM.

Almost every vehicle related crime (drive bys, hit&runs, freeway shootings) in this area involves either a Challenger, Charger, 300 or Journey.

They are very willing to lease to the high risk loan crowd, moreso than any other OEM.

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nah, I live in SE MI with more domestic vehicles than any area in the country, and Dodge owners in general are another breed, that company will sell lease to any deadbeat, unlike F & GM.

Almost every vehicle related crime (drive bys, hit&runs, freeway shootings) in this area involves either a Challenger, Charger, 300 or Journey.

They are very willing to lease to the high risk loan crowd, moreso than any other OEM.
Yep. And Ford requires an 800 FICO score to buy a mustang.

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Yep. And Ford requires an 800 FICO score to buy a mustang.
I didn't mean to imply that, apologies if I did. F & GM have average industry lending standards. That is not the case for Stellantis brands.

In 2017 I leased a Challenger R/T dirt cheap, $240 a month, to see if I enjoyed having an impractical summer fun car to put in storage 5 months a year due to living up here. I really enjoyed the vehicle, turned it in at 18,000 miles and bought a Mustang shortly afterwards. I even told my dealer I'd lease another one for that price, I put $700 down on that first one, and he said I'd have to pay $400 w/a lot more down.

So I like the vehicles, as long as they don't exceed warranty mileage, but their leases are dirt cheap with low lending standards, it's just a fact. That's why those vehicles tend to attract the buyers they do.

We have a 2017 Pacifica w/60,000 miles, it's junk.

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't mean to imply that, apologies if I did. F & GM have average industry lending standards. That is not the case for Stellantis brands.

In 2017 I leased a Challenger R/T dirt cheap, $240 a month, to see if I enjoyed having an impractical summer fun car to put in storage 5 months a year due to living up here. I really enjoyed the vehicle, turned it in at 18,000 miles and bought a Mustang shortly afterwards. I even told my dealer I'd lease another one for that price, I put $700 down on that first one, and he said I'd have to pay $400 w/a lot more down.

So I like the vehicles, as long as they don't exceed warranty mileage, but their leases are dirt cheap with low lending standards, it's just a fact. That's why those vehicles tend to attract the buyers they do.

We have a 2017 Pacifica w/60,000 miles, it's junk.
Well, I don't claim to be knowledgeable about lending standards certainly not standards-based on car brands. But, since Challenger and mustang are generally priced similar as well as Camaro, they tend to attract the same segments of the population in terms of income. Don't think it's possible to draw distinction between classes of people based on these cars.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Well, I don't claim to be knowledgeable about lending standards certainly not standards-based on car brands. But, since Challenger and mustang are generally priced similar as well as Camaro, they tend to attract the same segments of the population in terms of income. Don't think it's possible to draw distinction between classes of people based on these cars.

You need to read/watch the news more then...

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'd have considered a Charger with two doors an a manual transmission. We'll see what Dodge comes out with next. I can't imagine the answer would be "nothing" or "electric only."

Here's a pipe dream, a Cuda done right that would put a boot on the necks of camaro and Mustang.
Sponsored