Do you take cell phone pics constantly of your s550 ? Post them here !!!

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Gorgeous car Bob. I don’t know what else to do to my car exterior wise to make it nicer. I don’t want any other diode lights or anything like that. I see you have the rear louvers. Do you really enjoy those?
Thanks Brett
You’re talking about the faux quarter panel scoops correct? I’ve also felt stick on non functional parts like the fake hood scoops, quarter vents etc were tacky. But these just work. If the stang didn’t come with them from the factory I probably wouldn’t have installed them. When I had my 06 GT I wanted to add the window louvers. They replace existing window but I don’t see them for S550. That would be my only choice on exterior.
https://silverhorseracing.com/produ...vers-pair-painted-for-2005-2009-mustang-html/
The led side marked by DD look cool as well as front turn signals. They sequence like the taillights. Maybe in the future. For now I’m keeping exterior stock. I have to put on the black gorilla lugs but that’s it for now. At least Florida weather is better for the stang 😁

Turning Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2021 Mustang GT/CS
I’m seeing double 😁
How did you get the white stripe?
I ordered mine from factory in June and did not see an option for anything but black. Looks great!
It looks white to me also, but they call it silver. It isn't an option to have the silver stripe with Velocity Blue, only the black stripe. It was a production error and the passenger side is black! I had the parts manager order silver to replace the black stripe on the passenger side once spring arrives. Then again it's almost like having two cars...lol. I took this pic when it was in the showroom. Same car...lol.
20211228_172513.jpg

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
It looks white to me also, but they call it silver. It isn't an option to have the silver stripe with Velocity Blue, only the black stripe. It was a production error and the passenger side is black! I had the parts manager order silver to replace the black stripe on the passenger side once spring arrives. Then again it's almost like having two cars...lol. I took this pic when it was in the showroom. Same car...lol.
20211228_172513.jpg
A happy accident. Make it the last one.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
20211228_172513.jpg
So.... If buying a CS and preferring a different color stripe, buy one stripe in the color you want, swap it on and get the dealer to buy the other side to match. Genius.

Turning Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
So.... If buying a CS and preferring a different color stripe, buy one stripe in the color you want, swap it on and get the dealer to buy the other side to match. Genius.
This was a rushed purchase to get an end of the year deal and 0% financing from Ford. Shopped online, and I don't think they showed both sides in their pics. They took them down the next day.

I would've been happy with black, but since it has one of each, I slightly prefer the silver, so that's the direction I'm going. Lucked out that 21 is the last year for Velocity Blue (for now anyway). Matches my Raptor, except it has black stripes...with silver accent...lol.
20211124_152818.jpg

Turning Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Brett
You’re talking about the faux quarter panel scoops correct? I’ve also felt stick on non functional parts like the fake hood scoops, quarter vents etc were tacky. But these just work. If the stang didn’t come with them from the factory I probably wouldn’t have installed them. When I had my 06 GT I wanted to add the window louvers. They replace existing window but I don’t see them for S550. That would be my only choice on exterior.
https://silverhorseracing.com/produ...vers-pair-painted-for-2005-2009-mustang-html/
The led side marked by DD look cool as well as front turn signals. They sequence like the taillights. Maybe in the future. For now I’m keeping exterior stock. I have to put on the black gorilla lugs but that’s it for now. At least Florida weather is better for the stang 😁
I'm in agreement with you on getting black lug nuts. I put McGard on my Raptor, and am very happy with them so far.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Brett
Yes I was talking about the quarter panel scoops. I’ve got the side back window louvers and I thought I might get the scoops as well. I’m concerned that with almost 40,000 miles on the car that the color might not match well. I’m sure that can be corrected but that is my main concern.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
20211228_172513.jpg
😃ford made a mistake? No way! 😃
They both look good. Split personality 😃

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I was talking about the quarter panel scoops. I’ve got the side back window louvers and I thought I might get the scoops as well. I’m concerned that with almost 40,000 miles on the car that the color might not match well. I’m sure that can be corrected but that is my main concern.
What about an accent color?

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
20211228_172513.jpg
I was on the fence about the stripes too! Just not a decal guy😃 but the black are very subtle so it’s working for me along with the quarter scoops.

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I was on the fence about the stripes too! Just not a decal guy😃 but the black are very subtle so it’s working for me along with the quarter scoops.
I'm still not sold on these fake side scoops. I get the heritage of them but some days I look at the car and just feel like ripping them off.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still not sold on these fake side scoops. I get the heritage of them but some days I look at the car and just feel like ripping them off.
Opposite for me. They’ve grown on me and will stay in place.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We’re in the middle of restoring a 68 fastback into a Shelby tribute. Putting on functional side scoops. Maybe the GT/CS will get same treatment down the road.

Turning Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
We’re in the middle of restoring a 68 fastback into a Shelby tribute. Putting on functional side scoops. Maybe the GT/CS will get same treatment down the road.
I agree that having them functional would be cool. If you ever modify yours let us know! Realistically, the front splitter and small wing probably don't do much more than the fake vents. Just window dressing, but I like them. Mine won't see any real track time, so I probably don't need extra venting for the brakes either.