Sponsored

Do you see the upcoming Mach 1 an improvement over the Bullitt?

Chente04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
For what its worth im hispanic and didnt find your joke offensive or racist at all... but not particularly funny either lol. Id give it a "heh" not a "lol"

Back on topic, I see the Mach 1 as a improvement mechanically with the new transmissions. That being said I had a MT82 in my 2011 5.0 and had no issues at all besides feeling like a stick in a bucket of rocks. installed a MGW shifter that helped some. It held up fine for 6 yrs. Half of that being FBO with aggressive shifts. Traded to a 2017 Challenger 392 with the TR6060 and was very smooth and issue free for 2 years before trading in for the Bullitt. Ford made huge improvements to the MT82 and feels on par to the TR6060 in terms to shift feel.

Looks wise the Mach 1 isnt for me, not a fan of either rim option, stripes, and had my fill of dealing with matte black paint on the Challenger lol. The new rear diffuser looks real nice though.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I see the Mach as just an incremental improvement over the Bullitt. Nothing to get terribly excited about in my opinion, and I certainly wouldn't dump a Bullitt for one.

I personally feel the same way relative to my '15 for that matter. If I didn't already have my '15 or another V8 S550, I'd be interested. If it had it's own bespoke CPC 5.2 I'd be interested, but the GT500 is far more appealing given the likely price of admission on top of my '15's value.

19bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Eh not really - same power, no shaker hood, some stripe/graphic package that I've never liked. Only huge difference I think is the Tremec transmission correct? As others have said I've had no problems with the MT-82 transmission. If they bumped power up to 500hp, did a N/A 5.2 crossplane engine, or a functional Shaker hood I would give it a second look but even then don't think I would dump my Bullitt for it.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ford already made the 5.2 VooDoo engine a crossplane 5.2 for the new GT500, so they could have made a NA version (with higher CR) for the Mach1. But I personally think the Bullitt engine already has enough power. What I don't understand is why it was dropped from 15/24 on the GT to 14/23 on 2020s just for the TB and CAI changes. That's not really the case, and the extra $1K in gas guzzler tax is just going to hamper sales IMO.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
What I don't understand is why it was dropped from 15/24 on the GT to 14/23 on 2020s just for the TB and CAI changes. That's not really the case, and the extra $1K in gas guzzler tax is just going to hamper sales IMO.
I hope that gets worked out for the Mach 1., and there's no GG tax.

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Ford milks the heck out of their "Specialty Models". I can imagine they bring back the Boss 302 with the same bits as the new Mach 1, just different styling/looks as a MY '23. The 5.2 crossplane without SC could be in a new SVT Cobra R. Who knows...

19bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ford milks the heck out of their "Specialty Models". I can imagine they bring back the Boss 302 with the same bits as the new Mach 1, just different styling/looks as a MY '23. The 5.2 crossplane without SC could be in a new SVT Cobra R. Who knows...

That's a solid point. Hell I would be interested in that. I loved the 2013 Boss, could not afford one at the time. I sat in a Laguna Seca with rear seat delete/crossbar, suede Recaro seats and the red key and it made me feel some type of way.

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I Think the real draw to the Mach1 is Bullitt intake and you can get an A10 in it. however i do like to row

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
First time Mustang (or Ford for that matter), but the Bullitt checked all the right boxes for me.

I really like the Mach 1, the upgrades, and think it will be a success. I like the Tremec and Auto option VS Chinese Getrag, but from what I have read, the latest generation has addressed the early issues. I won't consider one as I dont like the orange section of the stripe (though I do like the center matte section). I'm also not ready to trust a Ford Auto Trans. If it had a shaker hood though....

I like the tall gearing, is just about perfect. If I was bracket racing, I may want shorter gearing. I've driven shorter geared cars and always hated the short 1-2-3 gears. The Bullitt is geared much like my M3. Perfect for me.

As for the Manuel Joke, I've never heard that before but people need to lighten up.

Besides.... I thought Manuals were Millennial Anti Theft Devices. ;-) If that offends you, here's a tissue....:like:

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Regarding the transmissions, I've had two GT500s with the 6060 and the current MT82 on my Bullitt is just as smooth and shifts just as good as the Tremec. I don't track the car so as far as robust it doesn't concern me.

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Regarding the transmissions, I've had two GT500s with the 6060 and the current MT82 on my Bullitt is just as smooth and shifts just as good as the Tremec. I don't track the car so as far as robust it doesn't concern me.
I actually think the Tremec feels more Honda Civic-y as compared to the MT82. Not in a bad way but I prefer the less refined feeling of the Bullitt transmission.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd actually describe the MT-82 as MORE refined that the Tremec, but that's just semantics :). At any rate, I also prefer the feel of the MT-82 over the Tremec. It's not perfect, but better. If it was a Graziano, then it'd be perfect :rockon: .
Sponsored