Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Uhhhhh…..you forgot to include an option for voting:

“I can’t do that, I’m in the A10 crowd”

:wink:
Hmmm…. In my GT500 with the DCT, if I hold both paddles in it out the trans in neutral for as long as you hold- you then can give it a rev. Does the A10 not do that?
Advertisement

TundraOnKings

Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Prem PP1
Hmmm…. In my GT500 with the DCT, if I hold both paddles in it out the trans in neutral for as long as you hold- you then can give it a rev. Does the A10 not do that?
Nope, not with the A10. I tried :-)

Epona

Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Straight forward. I noticed Ecoboosts won't look at me but the GT guys will with a smile included or sometimes laughter.

I even reved at a hell cat once. He was pretty stoked and even reved back at me. All in good fun, as it should be.
Sorta the opposite with me. I was given, and have therefore applied to my bumper, notes of the various enhancements I've made to my 2015 GT, including supercharging (enough to get me to 600 WHP), and I am amazed how often some idiot driving some obviously inferior vehicle (usually with all sorts of stripes and preposterous spoilers) will rev at me - even when they pull up and are able to see my various stickers.

I mark this down as automotive ignorance, and ignore them. If I can see them (which is often since my GT is a convertible), I shake my head in that, "are you really that stupid?" mode.

Then there is the same type of driver who will try to show off at traffic circles, etc., nearly killing themselves.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Uhhhhh…..you forgot to include an option for voting:

“I can’t do that, I’m in the A10 crowd”

:wink:
The A10 doesn't have the "pull both paddles to rev" feature?

Edit: Just noticed someone else answered this already.

Stang 19

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
The new Audi E Tron sounds like a vacuum cleaner -when you push the gas down to rev it it’s sucks up all the dirt on the road like one of those vacuum mounted trucks 😛. Oops... apologies for slightly changing the flavor of this thread and I’ll return you to our regular scheduled program .

To answer the question: Do I rev? Heck yes! You do see my license plate ?

nrc

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
If an Ecoboost revs next to a GT does it make a sound? :D

Which makes me wonder how many Ecoboost drivers sit at the light revving thinking that it sounds outside like what they're hearing through the sound enhancement inside. EB driver so I'm allowed to ask these questions.

I only rev on downshifts but that's to make A10 drivers feel inadequate. :D

NightmareMoon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Only times I’ve revved at another mustang is if they have an exhaust that sounds good and I want to hear more, which is like 2 or 3 times in 6 years.

I don’t trust most of yall to launch a car in a straight line so no street racing. Couple days ago a Dodge wanted to race and pulled into the lane next to me at the last second so we would both be at the front of the light next to each other. Moron forgot to straighten his wheel after moving over one lane, would have been an immediate disaster.

Epona

Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I see it the same way. Part of me feels bad because some of the revving is just in good nature but it's hard for me to not view it as someone being "a dbag."

I actually think other Mustang owners, by me, are more obnoxious than the chargers and camaros. Some of these guys drive like the teenage civic crowd where they like to blow by you, to show off, only to have to slam on the brakes to avoid rear ending traffic. Actually, I just had a CTS V drive that way the other day so there's that.
Really? Where I live (Loveland, CO) it is usually stupid, small "wanna be sports cars" with lots of stripes, vents with no apparent function, and spoilers mounted two feet in the air. If they knew anything about cars, they would realize what a stupid thing that is to do. Then there are the "big ass trucks" that think that all their HP translates into acceleration. I usually ignore them, but sometimes I just can't help myself...

Spartan1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Seems kind of juvenile, like you're trying to impress someone. And street racing ain't cool.

Sivi70980

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
1634937245184.jpeg

Dfeeds

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Really? Where I live (Loveland, CO) it is usually stupid, small "wanna be sports cars" with lots of stripes, vents with no apparent function, and spoilers mounted two feet in the air. If they knew anything about cars, they would realize what a stupid thing that is to do. Then there are the "big ass trucks" that think that all their HP translates into acceleration. I usually ignore them, but sometimes I just can't help myself...
Oh no don't get me wrong, those exist. I'm just never on the road when the highschoolers are. I wish I was joking about the Mustangs but it seems whoever graduates from a civic EX wants a high revving sports car. There's at least two by me that have their youtube channel stickered to the back window and drive around like assholes.

And I'm with you on the trucks. I also try not to give them the time of day but... alas. Sometimes I really think I'm missing something. I'm well aware some of those new trucks and SUVs are utter monsters in a straight line but it's never those ones that bug ya. It's always the toyotas or older fords and dodges. So I sometimes wonder if they're not trying to win, but literally just trying to be annoying as all f***.

Btw the name a Zelda reference?

Mustang Tony

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Revving at someone is a D-bag type of thing to do. A lot of guys in Dodges rev at me. I just ignore them until an open section of road then give them the juice if the conditions permit.

Nardly

Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
The other night at a shopping center I was getting in my car and a black mustang a few rows away gave me a rev before he left. Cool. But not on the road.

Advertisement

MBGRAM-1
Advertisement