Sponsored

Do you hide your car part purchases or make them sound less then they are?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I ask cause I am lucky My other half lets me live my life and I do as I want or buy what I want. But I see a lot of people always say well the wife said no or something like that. I got a friend who is constantly hiding car mods and parts from the wife LOL or he will make a 300 dollar part sound like a needed 20 dollar part :)

Was just curious if others did this and if so any funny stories of car part adventures?
Sponsored

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
I ask cause I am lucky My other half lets me live my life and I do as I want or buy what I want. But I see a lot of people always say well the wife said no or something like that. I got a friend who is constantly hiding car mods and parts from the wife LOL or he will make a 300 dollar part sound like a needed 20 dollar part :)

Was just curious if others did this and if so any funny stories of car part adventures?
I simply have the parts shipped to my mechanic's shop. Eliminates all non relevant questions.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I have about half the stuff shipped to my office. The only down side is my older son works there. He has absolutely NO problem throwing me under the "you bought more car parts" bus. But, he also likes to torture me. So he'll usually just push me off the curb in front of the bus to see if I can get of the way.

But seriously, I'm kind of with @Interceptor. More of don't tell don't ask.

Although, after I got the windows tinted, she threw out, well, I'm going to go to the quilt shop. Now, if you've never been to a quilt shop, it's a store full of fabric for sewing and all associated stuff. This fabric costs anywhere from $3 to $15 per yard. The quilts my wife makes generally run around $100 in fabric and $100 to quilt. Not a big deal. Until you get peak into "the sewing room" which is just a regular 8' x 10' bedroom. Except it's full of fabric. Some of it is sorted by color, some by theme, some type of fabric. Nut there is a shit load of fabric. "I need some green, no, not that green. I need to go to the quit shop" There are at least 10 yards of different green fabrics in the sewing room. But noooo, we need more green.

I laughed when she said it. I told her I don't care if we go the quit shop, hell, I'll even pay.

She pretty much has given up on me not spending money on the car. The time she says anything is if I buy more car wash towels.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Not to put anyone down, as we're all adults, so I agree with Interceptor to an extent... As long as the bills are paid, etc. Although I'm not reckless with my money, I've earned the right to spend it as I please and my wife understands this.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No. Only time there’d be any friction is if car parts got prioritized over bills or personal needs, which would be dumb on my part.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
After being threatened with divorce if I didn't buy her the Jag, hell no I don't hide anything!

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
Our bills are always paid on time. My wife doesn't give me a hard time on what I spend my money on. I don't give her a hard time on what she spends hers on. We both work hard, so when we want something bad enough, we get it. She is the polar opposite of my first wife. I definitely traded up.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I don't question her purchases, and she doesn't question mine.

TonyStark1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang EB Premium
I don't question her purchases, and she doesn't question mine.
Same here. We have a great relationship of trust and 'doing the right thing'. Besides, she makes a bit more than I do :sunglasses:.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I have everything shipped to my work location since my department also receives all parcel shipments. Since my wife of 38 years is watching from heaven and unable to tend to the house, it's just easier for me and I don't have to worry about porch thieves. And I usually open the package and leave the parts by or in my office until I install them so all of my team members can ooh and aah. My avatar pic is the door to my work building and my office is just inside.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I don't, I buy whatever I want next whenever I want it. And I never look at how much I've spent on the car!

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
LOL I guess asking this question is a blow to the ego :) No guy is gonna admit they hide parts or have to ask the wife. Just like no guy is gonna openly admit the dont buy anything but magnum condoms for a date :)

Thought maybe we could hear some funny stories but then that would mean you have to admit you have to ask permission :)

I sort of imagine it like this video...

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
LOL I guess asking this question is a blow to the ego :) No guy is gonna admit they hide parts or have to ask the wife. Just like no guy is gonna openly admit the dont buy anything but magnum condoms for a date :)

Thought maybe we could hear some funny stories but then that would mean you have to admit you have to ask permission :)

I sort of imagine it like this video...
One of their funniest skits.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019