Sponsored

Do you guys say hi to other S550 mustang owners on the road?

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I always give a wave to an S550 and sometimes a modded older Mustang. I don't expect anything back, it's just an acknowledgement. I only do it when I'm driving mine but have on occasion done it when driving the wife's Nissan. I've had parking lot conversations and an occasional nod at a street light. Nothing more.
Sponsored

Dalas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT track
I just did today, driving at the 400 series me and a GT350 owner. We even pushed the car a little bit.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Nope. Too many on the road. Tried a few waves when I first got the car and people didn't seem to care. When owning more rare/enthusiast cars or the motorcycle 2 finger I waved at every single one and always got a wave back. IE my old Dodge Stealth and MR2.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I don't know if it's just where I live but I don't think I've ever had another Mustang driver wave at me, let alone look in my direction. Not that I've ever even tried waving, either. I live in St. Augustine where every other Mustang is a rental, and I don't think I've ever seen any modded ones aside from the occasional Roush.

I guess it could be cool if we had our own wave like the Jeep wave, but I can't imagine that ever happening for the Mustang. Besides, anytime I drive either my dad's or my brother's Wranglers for extended periods of time, I always forget to wave haha.

Sponsored

FLA-GTPony

5.0 User
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Engine rev! I let my exhaust do the talking.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Nah I keep to myself when driving

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Nope, and I’m from the part of the country where everyone waved to each other when driving normally.
Ain't that the truth. It's just part of being raised in the south. :cheers: I usually get more return acknowledgements from the regular folks than I do Mustang drivers. :D

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
I like to roll my window down and throw out a dab. I hear that's what the kids are doing these days.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Used to get the obligatory Jeep wave back when I had a CJ-7 ('79 then an '86), but don't seem to get much in return from the Mustang crowd. Did have a kid chase me down the first night I had my car and ask to hear the exhaust, but that's it.

Sponsored

Phenom5.0

5.2 ^^^
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Metallic
Only had the gt350 for a week before I left for vacation but I haven't gotten any waves from mustang drivers. I got a s550 gt was trying to tailgate me til I got on it and he backed off lol.

I did come across an attractive girl in a v6 mustang that was checking on my car in the lane next to me at a light.

I just find more people (non mustang owners) that appreciate the car more. Maybe it's a weird envy thing from the mustang owners.. idk. Kinda a shame though.

HaleFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yep, I wave or flash the lights at anyone I suspect is an enthusiast regardless of model. The return rate is pretty high around here.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Yep, I wave or flash the lights at anyone I suspect is an enthusiast regardless of model. The return rate is pretty high around here.
They probably think you are warning them of a radar trap.;)

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
I always wave to Mustangs.

For Camaros and Challengers I have a box of water balloons in my back seat. Lob a few at them and watch them serve back and forth on the road. I fill them with food dye/colored water. Its hilarious.

We all have to do our part.

My buddy does the same thing but fills his balloons with used motor oil, which may be a bit over the top.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
I honestly didn't even know it was a thing, but after a day or two of driving, I noticed the "mustang wave" being thrown my way. I feel a bit silly, but I wave back. ☺
Its not really a wave. Its more of making a galloping motion with your fingers on your steering wheel.
Sponsored