Sponsored

Do you guys say hi to other S550 mustang owners on the road?

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
No one has ever waved at me in the Mustang probably because there just aren't that many of them around here. In the Jeep it's just the opposite. This place is crawling with new Jeeps and every one of them waves at my topless, no doors, old school YJ.
Sponsored

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
What feels like a million years ago in 1989 when I owned an 87 gt it seemed like all mustang owners did this, but now it doesn’t seem to be the case, at least around here.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I don't even make eye contact with other Mustang drivers... just because you bought the same motor vehicle as I did doesn't make you my best friend.
Point missed completely....

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
What feels like a million years ago in 1989 when I owned an 87 gt it seemed like all mustang owners did this, but now it doesn’t seem to be the case, at least around here.
Same here, bought my first Mustang in 1985, it was a 5.0 LX Coupe, so it was an unknown at the time, people in Mustang's still waved. That thing was the ultimate sleeper that year. Now I see other Mustang's most do nothing, Ecoboost Mustang's absolutely ignore my car, unfortunately but these days, not so shocking.

Sponsored

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Same here, bought my first Mustang in 1985, it was a 5.0 LX Coupe, so it was an unknown at the time, people in Mustang's still waved. That thing was the ultimate sleeper that year. Now I see other Mustang's most do nothing, Ecoboost Mustang's absolutely ignore my car, unfortunately but these days, not so shocking.
My first 'Stang was a 1984 Coupe....but the one with the itty, bitty 4-Cylinder engine. Although it was a stick shift and I learned to drive manual with it, it was NOT a sleeper. Just permanently asleep. LOL.

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sure thing those LX’s had the weight advantage over the GT’s for sure.
I can remember how good I thought the GT looked back then, now I see them and think wow all that plastic (weight) was so ugly....and only 225 hp back then.........but how I loved that car.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I do try to wave or nod whenever I see another Mustang driver, especially when their car is something noteworthy like a classic early gen Pony, or a Fox body in good shape like my ‘89. Other S550 drivers seem to be about 25% responders with a wave vs 75% no reaction or a frown or side eye...

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I acknowledge any "pony" car or known performance version of an ordinary vehicle. I'd say I get a return of eighty percent or more when my signal is timely and caught. You develop a sense of what's coming toward you at surprisingly long distance. I like the feeling when the other party clearly enjoyed the contact, and I don't feel snubbed or offended when not acknowledged. So many reasons to not return a wave.

What I really, really like is the enthusiastic—almost crazy—response to my hand-held sign. I'll be cruising along at a compulsive three-or-four mph over the limit, and spy a candidate approachkng from the rear in the next-faster lane. I get all ready and when they are in the most propitious positon I whip out my sign and wiggle it to catch an eye. Usually a driver will give a thumb or wave; a front-seat passenger is likely to go nuts, wave with both hands, doing a short-bus-rider imitation.

There is some joy to be found in nearly any contact. It wouldn't be fair to deprive those other folks of at least a taste of it.

16310399373_fc3b517165_b.jpg

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I've read about it here but have never once in over two years had so much as a nod from any mustang owner until this past Monday. A black 97-ish gave me a wave in a hospital parking lot. But that's it. Nothing ever before that.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I acknowledge all cool cars.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I wave and get waves from other Stang drivers occasionally. I thought I was giving this guy a break and got burned, my fault as I did not see his turn signal. No way I would have let him in if I thought he was going left, dangerous and the traffic was heavy. Doh!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Since I lost all but my index finger in a tragic accident I had to stop waving due to the swearing and road rage it precipitated.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Only if its a 5OH.:wink:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I usually wave and I'll say "nice car" if there's another one at a gas station or parking lot.
Sponsored